Chapter 42

After the holidays, namely, after New Years, I went back to Bulgaria. I had to attend some rehearsals for the upcoming show. Somehow, I forgot to let Dara know that I was coming today. But, we met at the rehearsals. She seemed pretty surprised to see me, in a good way, of course, but I was feeling less excited to see her than usual. For the first time, I felt like my feelings for her are not as strong as they used to be. I guess I got used to the idea that I will leave her soon. Anyway, I guess she did not notice that I was less excited to see her this time, as she came to hug me. We had a normal short conversation, then the rehearsal session started. 
The next days were pretty basic. Both Dara and I were focusing on X-factor, so we didn't talk to each other much. However, I had a big surpize to be announced that in the next show, I will have a duet with Dara. I remember myself wishing this once, but I thought that it was just a beautiful, unrealistic dream. The fact that it is about to come true made me extremely happy. We had less than one days between the shows, so I had to do a lot of work to make sure that our performance will be stunning. At least, this way I got to spend more time with her. In a different way this time. Which I loved. She was always so sweet and kind to me during the rehearsal. Damn, I am falling in love again. As deep as before. I guess that as much as I want this all to stop, it will never be over. Not anytime soon. Dara is freaking perfect.
Anyway, this time I was feeling so nervous before the show. It is the first time when I sing with Dara. Thousands of people will watch us singing together. What if I will mess things up and because of me, people will laugh at us? But, on the other hand, I can't stop thinking of how amazing it is going to be to sing with her. However, the time for us to go on stage came, and we did. The way she looked at me made me be relaxed and more confident on stage, so the performance went pretty well, I would say. After it was over, we were waiting for the jury to stay their opinion, and suddenly, Dara grabbed my hand. Yes, we were holding hands in front of so many people. I couldn't have wished for more. I don't know why she did that, but I was the happiest person in the world in that moment. I guess everyone could tell from my bright smile. Anyway, we got only positive feedback, which made me even happier. Today felt like the best day of my life. I don't know what I did to deserve it. The only worrying thing is my feelings for Dara. I should really wake up from this beautiful dream before it is too late.
After the show, we went back stage to pack our stuff and go back to the hotel. As we stepped out of the stage, Dara hugged me tightly and kissed me with passion. I kissed her back, in the same manner, wishing that this would last forever. I know that there were more people in the same room with us, but I did not care anymore. I was the happiest person in the world, and Dara was next to me. And I guess she didn't care either as it was her initiative to share this kiss. Well, at least she doesn't want to hide anymore, even if, I bet that if I asked her, we're still "just friends". Not much after that, we left the studio together and we went to the hotel. We stopped in front of my room together, so of course, I invited her in. We were both extremely exhausted, so we went to sleep. But, at least, we were still together. This is all that matters.