Chapter 33

The next days, however, I did not skip rehearsals. I attented all of them, and to my surprise, Dara did the same, which made me enjoy my time spent there way more. We've been pretty busy preparing for the upcoming show these days, so we didn't talk too much, nor did we met besides at the studio.
On the day of the next show, Dara asked me if we could meet earlier, and of course, I could not refuse her. So, we were the first to arrive at the studio. I don't know why she wanted us to meet there, but I wasn't going to ask any questions. Seeing her is all that matters to me. No matter where, no matter how. When I arrived, she was in front of the studio. When she saw me, she smiled brightly at me, said:"Hi, Kris!" with a friendly voice, and hugged me tightly. I replied with:"Hey, Dara" and I hugged her back. Then, she suggested to make a livestream on instagram, as she knew that our supporters loved them. So, we spent half an hour doing that. It was fun, as usually. However, this time, it was a great spam with comments shipping us. So many people were asking if we were dating and of course we were like 'Nah, we are just friends', but after all these, I started becoming kinda sad again about the fact that Dara and I will never be a couple. No matter how hard I am trying to get used to this idea, I can't. And thinking in depth, I don't even know why we are not dating. I know it sounds silly, but she likes me back, what the hell are we waiting for? Or maybe, it's the fact that she still calls me a 'friend'. I seriously don't understand her sometimes. She told me that she likes me, we did so many things together, yet she still calls me her 'friend'. Her mind is too complicated for me, I swear. I was thinking of this for a good couple of minutes, staying quiet, and Dara suddenly interrupted my messed up thoughts with:"Are you okay?". I slightly flinched and I looked at her, saying:"Yea, I'm ok. Why?". She said with a worried voice tone:"You look sad. What were you thinking of?". I said, trying to act as if I had no idea what she was talking about:"Oh, nothing. I wasn't thinking of anything". She looked straight into my eyes and said:"You've been quiet since we ended that live stream. You must have been thinking of something. I know you well enough ". I sighed and I said:"I don't know what the point of this question is. As you said, you know me well enough." Then, I immediately left. I didn't want to have this conversation anymore. I know it would lead to nowhere anyway. I went outside, behind the studio, but she followed me. When I stopped walking, she asked me:"Why are you acting like that?". I said, feeling annoyed:"I am not acting any way. I just wanted to go outside. It is a problem?". She said with a serious voice:"I know something bothered you." I sighed annoyed and I gave a short reply:"No.". After that, both of us were quiet for quite  several seconds, then she took a cigarette out of her purse, and lit it up. I looked at her, and I said:"Give me one too". It was an impulsive desire, I know. I was just too nervous at that moment. For a childish reason, I know, I know. She asked me, with a confused voice:"Why? You said you were allergic to it". I rolled my eyes and I said seriously:"I said I want one, okay.". She looked at me for a couple of seconds and asked:"Are you ok?". I became annoyed of her questions and  I said:"Yes, I'm ok. I just want it. Do I have to beg you for it?". She sighed and gave me a cigarette and the lighter. When I took it, I realized it was a bad impulsive decision, but I was too stubborn to say no now. So, I lit it up. I expected to have a bad reaction, but I didn't. So, I stayed quiet and I kept smoking it. I didn't like it to be honest, but again, I was too stubborn to throw it away. About two minutes later, I started coughing. It was a normal cough at first, then it became more intense and my eyes became watery. I finally threw that cigarette away and I was feeling dizzy. Dara hugged me immediately and asked me worried:"Are you ok? Seriously?". I said, trying to keep calm:"I'm fine. I'm fine" but I kept coughing and my dizziness became worse. She said, becoming even more worried:"Why the hell did you smoke? You are freaking allergic! What did you want to prove with that?". I took a deep breathe, not answering in the next few seconds, then I said quietly, as I was feeling too bad to be able speak any louder:"Please stop". I felt my skin becoming hotter and my dizziness was only worse and worse. And this is the last thing I remembered from that moment. Yes, I fainted.