Chapter 18

It was a warm evening with a light summer breeze and Dara and I were walking barefoot, holind hands on a beach with an extremely soft an clean sand. As we got close to the sea, we stopped walking and she came right in front of me and we made eye-contact. She smiled brightly at me and said, holding both of my hands:"You're the best boyfriend ever. I'm so lucky to have you...". I smiled back at her and we instinctively leaned forward for a kiss.
Suddenly, I felt something touching my hair roughly and I woke up. It was Dara. Shit, that was just a dream. I was in my hotel room, in my bed, and it was already morning. The way she woke me up was so cute, but the fact that 'that date' was just a dream is so cruel. However, when she woke me up, I let myself guided by my instinct and I kissed her softly as a 'good morning'. She kissed me back and smiled at me as soon as she stopped. She asked me:"How did you sleep?". To be honest, I've had the best dream ever which made this night just incredible but I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her,so I said:"I slept well, you?". She replied smiling:"Same", then she laid back down, placing her head on my chest. She started to stroke my left cheek slowly and I hugged her. I spontaneously said:"Dara?". She looked at me, raising her eye-brows, replying with:"Yea?". I aked:"Do you think that a guy is a fool if he doesn't tell his feelings to the girl whom he is in love with?". She said, looking straight into my eyes:"Depends. Why?". I can't believe I askes her this. Now it's gonna be so obvious. I am the biggest fool. I don't even know why I was questioning it. However, I tried to make it less obvious while I still can, and I just shrugged and said:"Depends on what?". She smiled and answered:"On how she is feeling towards him. If she's giving him hints that she likes him back or not." I asked, becoming more concerned:"And if she doesn't?". Dara replied with:"Then he should move on. But why are you asking all these, Kris?", becoming kinda suspicious. I shrugged and said:"No reason...I was just curious." Dara rolled her eyes and asked:"You're in this situation, aren't you?". Damn, she figured. Thinking of her last answer, I think it was a suble way of telling me that I should move on. Maybe I shouldn't have asked. Or maybe it is better that I did. At least, now I know how she feels towards me. My facial expression became sadder, without even realizing it and I answered:"Why does it matter?". Dara was still looking at me, she started stroking my left arm gently and said:"You can tell me, Kris.". I sighed and I answered, trying to be honest, till the point where it involves her name:"What is the point in talking about it? Just...thank you for your advice. As you said, if she doesn't feel the same, I should move on. And...I've been trying to. I tried to avoid her, but I can't. I love her...I love...(I was about to say 'you') her". Dara asked seriously:"You're talking about Ira, right?". I asked, feeling pretty confused and shocked at the same time:"What?!". Dara said, with a triggered voice:" Now I understand eveything. You had sex with me just to get over her. You thought that if I was your first, you would start to have feelings for me and forget about her. Am I right?!". Oh shit, she misunderstood everything. I shouldn't have started this discussion in the first place. Why am I so stupid sometimes? Now I made things even worse. I was literally suprised by her assumption, and I didn't reply to her instantly, so she continued with:"And I was right. You used me! You freaking used me!", her voice tone becoming angrier. Oh, not again. Why do we always end up fighting?! Why does she constantly think that I used her? I freaking LOVE her. I answered, trying to keep my calm:"No, it's not true...". Dara stood up and said angrily:"Stop denying it! I am not so stupid! I'm gonna let you fool me again. Please delete my number." She went towards the door fast, before I got the chance to say anything and she said, crying:"I hate you, Kris! I really hate you!" and she left immediately. 
After that, I simply bursted into tears. Why?! Why did this happen?! Why do I mess everything up?! I am so freaking dumb! I can't even be honest with her and tell her what I am feeling. Why did I have to start that discussion instead of simply telling her what I am feeling for her? I only made it worse! Worse?! Nope. I ruined everything FOREVER! She left crying. She hates me. What could be worse?!