Chapter 34

In my anger and confusion I had been stupid and delved deep into the forest and soon a net had been thrown over my wolf and I tried clawing my way out but someone had injected a needle into me and I was out like a light.

Unknown POV-

"We got her." One of my men stated.

"Good." I said with a smirk.

Max POV-

I got inside my house and tried to sniff Charity out to see where she was. I smelled traces of her in the bedroom. I walked in expecting to see her but was met with an empty room. Her scent wasn't fresh. It had to have been awhile ago that she was last here.

I quickly walked over to the door leading to the balcony and noticed it was left slightly ajar.

No! No! No! Why would she get up and leave? When she knows there are still rogues out there! I jumped off the balcony and landed on my paws having shifted in midair. 

I tried sniffing her out but only snippets came up. I could hardly smell her so that meant she ran really far or she had been taken.

No no no. If she was taken that would be the end. She couldn't defend herself and if they used her for her healing capabilities she would use a lot of her energy and would faint from the exhaustion and who knows what they would do to her if she was sleeping helpless to do anything.

My mind raced at the thoughts and I pushed my wolf harder trying to figure this all out.

I slowly came to a halt when I smelt her scent really strong in this area. I noticed shoe marks and it looked like there was a struggle.

She was definitely taken.