Chapter 4

I woke startled as I heard howling 50 feet away from me. I scrabbled to my feet and hid behind the tree I had rested against. There would be no use in running.

Whoever that was, they were close, and getting closer by the minute. I took a risk and I peaked from behind my tree.

I saw a big straggly looking mutt and his eyes looked crazy. I knew right away it was a rogue. I was a rouge too, but it was different because I wasn't banished. I left on my own. If you get banished, the guilt eats away at you. It also has to do with how stable your wolf is. From what I reckon, Hope is pretty stable.

I turned my attention to the rogue. He seemed to be looking for something. Then his eyes stopped at my tree. I hid all the way behind it. And I got panicky. My back rested against the trunk, and my heart beat was wild.

Suddenly, I was tackled to the ground, and the rogue was yapping it's teeth in my face as if to scare me more before he killed me.

I didn't think, I just screamed. No doubt my scream was heard in a 500 foot radius. Hopefully someone heard. And hopefully they cared.

The wolf on top of me snarled and spat at me, and I tried shoving it off of me so I could shift, but it was no use. The wolf was 3 times bigger than me, plus he/she had their wolf strength on their side.

The wolf had stopped its games, and it suddenly clamped it's teeth on my shoulder. That caused me to give another shrill scream. The wolf went to slash my face, and because one of its paws wasn't holding me down, I managed to roll to the side away from it.

I quickly got up, and without a second thought, I shifted.

Almost instantly I turned into my wolf, and I barked at the wolf to go away. Yeah... I didn't have the heart to growl. I'm not an angry person. Yes it's a freakin rouge and its attacking me but whatever.

The rouge seemed to chuckle at this, if a wolf could chuckle, and he/she charged at me, knocking me to my back.

I tried shoving them off, but again, I failed. I was too weak.

The rogue had enough of its game, I could tell, and it was about to tear my heart out, when suddenly, someone tackled them off of me.

I rolled off my back and stood up confused as to who my rescuer was, and how they could not have come at a better time.

In front of me, I saw a big black wolf that was 10 times larger than the rogue, and in an instant, the rogues life had ended.

The black wolf looked over at me and examined me. His eyes were sharp and attentive, and his whole body seemed to scream mean.

He looked at me with a hint of curiosity, but it was then hid by his stone face.

He then ran behind a tree, and I'm guessing he shifted, and I was right, when I saw him come out in some basketball shorts. Dang he was hot. He had a tan chest and shoulders, a six pack, he stood at 6'3, and his face was so handsome and crafted perfectly. He then threw a shirt in my direction, and instead of catching it I let it fall in front of me. Little did he know I shifted with clothes on.

"Go on, shift." He said sternly. His voice sounded hoarse from possible shouting, and it was really deep.

I then shifted.

"No not here!!" He shouted. I would've been embarrassed if I didn't have clothes on when I shifted, but that didn't apply to me.

He covered his eyes with his hands.

"I'm already dressed." I said quietly.

He then uncovered his face, and he was astonished to see me in a pure white dress that continued to billow in the wind. I also noticed that Hope added an extra touch. There was a white rose flower crown on my head.

White roses represent purity. The perfect representation of you. Hope's voice echoed in my head.

"How did you do that?" The guy asked confused.

"I don't know if I should tell you. You might-might hurt me." I said nervously.

"Why? And wait how are you a white wolf?" He said still with the stern look on his face, but I could see curiosity running through his eyes.

"If I tell you, you will hate that I'm a white wolf. I'm a white wolf because it represents who I am." I said my voice still shaky. This wolf seemed like he might be cruel. Who knows what he could do.

"Tell me. I'm an Alpha, and you seem to be a rouge. I have authority over you." His calm stern tone was replaced with an impatient mean one.

Alpha? Maybe he's our mate. Just tell him.

Hope's words pushed me forward to answer.

"I am a white wolf because I am a-" I paused. I was still a little scared to answer.

"What? Tell me. NOW." He said. His tone shook my insides. My head was spinning. That voice freaked me out.

I didn't realize I was falling when my head connected with the ground with a thud, and with that the world turned black.

The last thing I saw was his face.