Chapter 3

As I lay there on the cement floor, the one thought that was in my mind was this.

No one loves me.

Well no one did. I felt numb inside and out. The first hits had hurt, but now every punch and kick directed at me hurt less and less. It was beginning to be no fun I guess, so they all bailed.

And as I lay there lifeless, the only movement coming from my chest breathing and my eyes blinking, I hatched a plan. I would run away. I would live in the woods where no one could hurt me, and more importantly, I wouldn't have people just there to not even care or show the least bit remorse.

I wanted to leave, but I couldn't get up. My ribs were broken, my head was pounding, and I was a bloody and bruised up mess. When I thought I was gonna have to stick it out until I healed, I felt my body shake. I felt as if my bones were gonna crack.

Am I shifting?

Of course you are dummy.

A voice inside my head said.

Is that my wolf?

Yep. My name is Hope. And I love you for just the way you are. But I do want to call you Charity still even if it's not your real name. It suits you very much. She said rambling.

Oh wow.

Now hold on tight, we're gonna shift.

And with that, I transformed. My body jolted this way and that, and everything flowed as if the transformation was water running through a stream. With one last burst of movement, I had finally shifted.

We're beautiful. Hope stated.

We are?

Yep. We are a pure white beauty. And now that we shifted, you are all healed. You still wanna run away? Cause I do. Even though I wasn't able to speak to you yet, I was still here, and everyone here pisses me off. I don't know what their saying. Your amazing. I'm glad that I share me with you. Even though I couldn't see her, I could feel her smiling.

Oh we are so leaving this place.

Yes!!

I chuckled, and with that we ran off faster than the speed of light and into the forest. We ran for hours and soon I could feel a change about Hope as she ran.

I can shift back if you are tired. I can handle walking for a bit if you like. We're in no hurry anyway. We got no where to be. I thought.

That would be nice. Thanks sweetie.

I then shifted and looked down and saw that my dress was gone and replaced with a beautiful white gown that flowed in the wind. I smiled.

What's this? I thought.

Since your a white wolf, you get the special ability to have clothes on after you shift. And it's always gonna be white. The purest white might I add.

Oh wow. I said in my head as I smiled. Is that all that's special about white wolves? I asked curiously.

Well for starters were rare. But there is one other big thing. She said nervously. We have the kindest hearts and when other wolves see white wolves, they instantly know that we are innocent, kind, caring, loving people. So only evil people want to hurt us. That's what your pack was like. They didn't like how kind we were. And with that, if we do happen to hurt someone, it hurts us 2x more.

Oh.

And one more thing. White wolves can only be female, and with that, we white wolves are destined to be Luna's since we were born. We have to be Luna's to share gentleness to our pack and also so we have an Alpha to protect us since we can't fight.

That stopped me in my tracks. So my mate is an Alpha?

Yes. That's also another reason why I was really reluctant to leave since Troy wasn't our mate. Since we are running away, it will be good. We can find our mate hopefully.

Thank goodness Troy isn't my mate. So that only means I got 149 more packs to go through until I get my mate.

And the more I thought about it, the more I yearned for a mate. And more importantly a home. And a good loyal pack that will love me for who I am. A mate that will love me for who I am.