Chapter 8

"I was told that nobody loves me." I said softly.

"They don't see you how I see you then. They are jealous of you. I love you. I couldn't ask for anything more in a mate." He spoke with so much sincerity, it brought tears to my eyes.

I scooted closer to him and scrabbled in his arms and I squeezed him into a hug.

He squeezed me against him, and he kissed the top of my head as I hid my face in his chest.

"Charity, I love you." He whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him and he wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He asked with a concerned face.

"No ones cared much less loved me before... It-it feels good." I smiled.

"I will always love and care for you Charity. Nothing will get in my way." He said brushing my hair behind my ear and giving me a smile.

I have yet to see him smile, and when he did, his face glowed and it made me smile wide.

We stared at each other for a few minutes until we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Alpha, it's time for dinner with the pack. Remember it's Friday." The voice sounded muffled from the other side.

"Okay." Max said gruffly.

I looked at him confused.

"Dinner with the pack?" I asked.

"Every Friday night we have a dinner that the whole pack attends and we host it here at the Alpha and Luna's house." His eyes sparkled when he said Luna. "I am going to introduce you today." He said excitedly.

"You-you are?" I said nervously.

"Of course. You're their Luna and my mate, I can't wait to show everyone that you're mine." He smirked. And kissed my temple.

It seemed that when I had been with Max for the past 5 or so hours, time had stopped, responsibilities stopped. I had forgotten that I was to be the new Luna of Max's pack.

"Let's get ready okay?" He said grabbing my hand, and he led me to a closet. I blushed as he squeezed my hand.

"This is all men's clothing." I said as I looked through his closet.

Charity, I can make you wear anything pure white remember? Charity said.

"Oh yeah...." He said more to himself than me.

"My wolf told me that she can make me wear anything pure white." I blurted out.

"What? Your wolf can do that? And why pure white?" He questioned.

"Max... I was gonna tell you why I was a pure white wolf remember? Then I fainted..." Do I even have control of my mouth anymore?

"Wait your a white wolf. That's right. Why?" He asked.

"I'm a white wolf because-because like I said it matches my personality. I am pure, and innocent and kind and I am the total opposite of all wolves..." I said as I looked down.

"Your the weak white wolf?" He said.

I looked up at him and he gave me a look of disbelief.

"You're  disgusted by me aren't you?" I felt tears threaten to fall. I yanked my hand out of his and tried to make a run for the bedroom door, but his hand caught my arm before I could.

"Why would I be disgusted by you?" He said calmly.

"I'm different. I don't belong. We're total opposites. I don't belong with anyone. I don't belong with Wolves." I said trying to get out of his grasp as more tears fell.

"You're right we are opposites. But you're the white rose I need. You balance me. I need you. My pack needs you. I think all the wolves could learn a thing or two from you." He said sincerely.

"You really think that?" I paused. "Will your pack even accept me this way?" I said softly.

"You're just what they need. And if anyone ever so much as says a cruel thing to you or about you, I will be sure to approach them directly." He said with stormy eyes.

"Really?" I said looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Really." He said with a smile.

I loved how Max was starting to smile more. It gave me reassurance for the long road ahead of me.