Chapter 6

I forgot to charge my crystal.

                          I am a mermaid.
//FLASHBACK//One day when I was 12 years old I was swimming at the beach when I stepped on something in the water. I picked it up and there was a FLASH! Next thing I knew I was being dragged out of the water by a life Guard. My mom immediately drove me home, Crystal in my hand. When I got home I brought the crystal into my room and put it in a drawer. I took a shower and got into the most comfortable onesie I have ever felt. I sat im my bed and watched Stranger Things until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and decided to take a bubble bath. I turned on the water and added the bubble bath soap. I slid in and got comfortable. Few seconds later I started changing....My legs felt as if they were fused together. I couldn't move. I look down and have a fresh new aqua and gold mermaid tail. ( pic above) I couldn't believe my eyes. I rose my fist in the air still confused. The water started to heat up and burn me. I put my hand down and it stopped. I rise my hand again and it heated up again. I have powers too? I thought to myself. I carefully rolled out of the tub and plugged in the hairdryer to dry off. I soon realized I have powers that are muck quicker. I put my hand into a fist again but this time I froze it? I did. I cleaned up the bathroom and went onto my laptop and started to research. It told me I have special powers and that the crystal is a moon stone. The moon stone has to be charged by the moon by being left out in in the moon light. It has enough power to stop me from turning into a mermaid only for that day. I can't charge the night of new moon because there is no moonlight. I took the crystal and made it a necklace. I've worn it and would charge it everynight. I Only told one person  I'm a mermaid and that is Bri.
//FLASHBACK OVER//

Sometimes I forget to charge the crystal. Today was one of those days. Oh no...