57- Gates

"Open, gate of the maiden, Virgo!"

An all too familiar doorbell sounds, and then a figure poofs into existence before me.

She bows her head as she had always done to me before.

"How may I be of assistance to you?"

But she doesn't do everything the same as always.

But at the moment it doesn't matter, because that's not the main concern.

"I need you to help Gray over there. See if he's alright. Please."

She nods her head.

"Of course."

And then she's disappearing into the ground, and appearing out by Gray.

Good.

Now for the next one.

My hand goes to my side, and I grab another key.

"Open, gate of the golden bull, Taurus!"

Taurus appears before me, and I point towards Natsu, who is still doing the same thing, regardless of the fact that it's not working.

"Help him anyway you can! Make sure he doesn't do anything too stupid!"

Taurus runs over, mooing loudly, and goes straight in for an attack with his axe. The beast hits him hard, and Taurus falls to the ground with a thump.

He lets out a disgruntled moo, and disappears back to the celestial world.

I stare open mouthed at the spot he disappeared.

I should have known he would have been just as reckless as Natsu.

I'm rusty.

I usually know the perfect spirit for the situation, exactly which one can help. And now I've just wasted some of my magic.

My mind skims through all of my options, but I keep stopping at the same one no matter how many times I go through.

Loke.

He's the most combat friendly spirit I have a contract with.

But he may end up serving more as a distraction rather than a helping hand. They know Loke as a member of their guild who disappeared, I'm sure of it.

He's out of the question.

I widen my eyes as a thought comes into my head.

Capricorn!

The most level headed spirit.

My hand grabs hold of his key, and I bring it forward, summoning him. He appears before me, and I give a similar task to him as I did Taurus.

"Right away."

He goes off, and lands an attack on the creatures side, diverting its attention from Natsu who had continuously been dodging it's mighty claws.

I look over to where Gray was, and him and Erza both have a bandage wrapped somewhere on their body, and Gray starts standing up slowly.

Virgo disappears, her job being completed, and I reach for my whip once more.

"Are you guys alright?"

I speak as soon as I get close enough.

Erza nods her head, but it seems as if she wasn't really paying attention to what I said, her face looking far off.

"Is everything alright?"

Erza snaps her eyes to mine, and her face goes back to normal.

"Yes, of course."

"Then let's go. I hate to say it, but Natsu can't take care of this himself."

—————
Don't worry, updates are going to be more frequent.