20- Special

I'm exhausted.

Erza is crazy when it comes to certain things, and I was definitely happy when she said it was time for us to lay down.

Erza is lying next to me, the lights are out. I have my back to her as I lay there getting close to sleep.

"Hey, Lucy?"

"Yeah, Erza?"

I roll over so that I can face her on the bed.

"Natsu has taken quite an interest in you."

That's not what I expected.

"No, I just asked him to let me tag along on a mission, that's all."

She shakes her head.

"No, that's not all. Natsu doesn't just get close to people. It's really just him and Happy. At least, up until a few years ago, then Natsu, Gray, and I would sometimes go on missions together."

"He was just being nice is all."

"No, there's something about you. I can tell Natsu thinks so, and so do I."

I don't get it. What is it that she thinks of me? Things have changed since when I first joined-for the first time. Things are different now.

"Who really are you?"

"Just Lucy."

"There's more to you than that, I know it. I may not know you, but you are definitely special, Lucy. Goodnight."

"Night..."

Could it be, that there is a part of them that remembers me? A part of them that is trying to understand why I'm different than other strangers?

They may not remember me, but maybe their minds understand that I'm not just anyone.

There's something about you.

Maybe there is hope, even without the memories, maybe they will think of me as familiar, even if they don't know why.

These thoughts keep me up all night. All night long I stare at the ceiling.

Thinking, that just maybe, there is more hope than I thought.