56- Relentless

We all stare with our bodies still up at the creature, when it opens it's mouth, and a ball of white light starts forming.

My eyebrows crease a little in confusion, until they widen.

"Move!"

Everyone jumps out of the way as the light shoots forward, leaving a crevice in the ground where we were once standing.

I quickly stand to my feet, my hand securing itself around the whip. Blue and yellow light up as my magic flows through it.

Natsu's fists flare, and Gray and Erza prepare themselves for an attack.

"I'm fired up."

Natsu launches forward, fists aflame. The creatures movements are fast, though, and one of it's hands raise on it's way to collide with Natsu.

I quickly pull my whip back, and shoot it forward, entangling it around it's hand. I pull, causing it to lose it's path. The whip sizzles on the beast's hand, and it's attention snaps to me, it's red eyes glaring into me.

Red and orange burst in front of it, and Natsu's fist connects with it's face.

It falters on it's feet, before regaining composure.

Swords go flying, and ice appears around it as Erza and Gray charge forward.

Erza goes forward, two swords in hand, slicing at it's side.

With it's movements quick, it's claws shoot out, whacking Erza to the ground.

"Erza!"

Gray fends off attacks with a barrier made of ice, and Natsu continues go in, attack after attack.

I look to the two fighting and then to Erza lying on the ground, and run towards Erza.

"Are you alright, Erza?"

She groans a little bit, but stands up from the ground, a wound on her leg bleeding.

"I'm fine, just a little sting is all."

I frown slightly at her.

"Okay, Erza."

"Aghh!"

We both whip our heads to the side, to see Gray's back hitting a tree, and him falling to the ground with a groan.

Erza runs over to aid him, and I look over to Natsu, who continues putting in attack after attack relentlessly.

My eyes look to the whip in my hand.

This is not something that I can beat without my magic.

Sheer force alone won't do me any good.

My hand lifts right next to my keys, and I bite my lip.

I can do more to protect them if I try.

I take a deep breath in.

My hand secures a grip on my key of choice, and I lift my hand in front of me.

And I exhale.

"Open, gate of the maiden, Virgo!"