18- Lost Keys

I'm at the guild, sitting at the bar.

Gray, Natsu and Happy sit next to me, while Mira stands is in front of me, behind the bar.

"Lucy, what kind of magic do you use?"

My attention goes to Gray, and he looks at me curiously.

His question sparks the interest of the other three, and their attention goes to me.

"Yeah. Now that you mention it, I've only ever seen you use hand to hand combat."

"Oh...Well, I'm a celestial spirit summoner."

"Really, you don't see many of those these days."

"Yeah, these are my keys."

I slide my hand from under my cloak to reveal all of my keys.

Mira leans forward, her eyes full of amazement.

"So you're the wizard with most of the golden keys, nobody knew where they were, it's like they were just gone."

That's right. The only other person with golden keys is Yukino. With my existence erased, nobody could know where ten of the keys were.

And nobody could ever find them, because they were with me all along. It must have seemed as if they had disappeared, I guess.

I shrug my shoulders.

"They've been with me for years."

Mira's eyes turn from astonished to confused.

"You'd think people would have heard of the wizard who holds ten of the twelve golden keys."

My eyes look down to my keys, and my fingers thumb at the shiny metal.

"I always kept to myself."

Mira just shrugs, and goes back to wiping the counters, and Natsu just looks at me.

"How come we haven't seen you use them?"

I look over to Natsu and Happy and just shrug.

"I don't know. I guess I just haven't needed to recently."

That's a lie.

I haven't called on any of them in months. It turns out, they lost their memories of me, also. So, I remade my contracts with them, and just haven't been able to bring myself to use them since.