26| "Those Sources Are Bullsh*t."

Elise

"Wait, what?" I nearly gagged when hearing the news. That and I was still feeling like shit.

"Yeah." Aria nodded. "She's going through a very rough patch in her life."

"And you sympathize with her? Audrey Saberius: La Diabla in the flesh?"

"She's not all that bad."

We both looked over to see her quietly grabbing lunch in the line. She had this submissive, frozen look on her face and wasn't dressed in her usual popular fashion. Instead, she wore sweats, plain white headband, and yellow crocs. Oh hell no.

I cringed while Aria said, "Just give her a chance, okay?"

"Fine." I shrugged. "But don't say I told you so when she ditches you the second she can reclaim her former status."

"You're so pessimistic."

"Nah, I just keep it real." I told her, happily sampling my sandwich until stopping cold.

"Yeah speaking of real, how've you been feeling?"

I reached down into my backpack and grabbed the nearest paper bag before coughing up what wasn't agreeing with me.

"Are you absolutely sure–"

"I said I'm fine!" I snapped, raising my head and darting my blazing eyes into hers. She froze as I looked down at my hands clenched against the table. Jesus, this was bad.

After a few minutes, I exhaled and looked to Aria again. "Sorry about that."

"It's cool." She meekly responded, eating her lunch in a rhythmic manner.

"I've just been so all over the place lately. I'm either tired, sick, or irritated by everything."

"Maybe you should get that checked out."

"I can't. Too busy."

"Really?" Aria asked with no chill in her eyes.

I chuckled while nodding my head. "Well I feel busy."

"Just go check to see what's going on."

"I will."

"Thank you."

The two of us exchanged understanding smiles when Audrey came by to sit with us.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Nope." I shook my head, grabbed my things, and left.

Once I was out, my legs were feeling all heavy and jiggly. It reminded me of the sumo wrestlers which was ironic 'cause I definitely felt like one.

"Ah!" I clung onto the wall only for someone to catch me.

"You're not wasted again, are you?"

Johnny? I looked up and gasped. It had been some time since we actually crossed paths. Now that I realized it, this was really awkward.