8| "You Want Some Scotch with That?"

Johnny

Oh fuck me, I held my head tight as the sound of rain pelted against my window. The noise wasn't as big of a problem compared to this fucking headache I had from attempting to learn the electric guitar. It sucked. Big time. I couldn't figure out how to work this bitch and now my neighbors hated me, my head was pounding, and I was alone. Hell, I'd rather have Roland around to torment me than being stuck here by myself with all my dark thoughts. Yeah, I'm a real fuck-up sometimes.

As ten o'clock rolled around, I rolled out of bed and finally committed to something. I threw on some blue shorts, a grey hoodie, and my sneakers for running before heading outside and taking a nice, long run. I didn't care how wet it was or how my favorite MP3 finally bit the dust in a puddle of water, I would keep running. It was the least I could do to keep myself occupied.

After reaching two miles just over fifteen minutes, I stopped at the nearest gas station. My legs were on fire as I hunched over, heaving and breathing for awhile. Sweat trickled down my face and continued until I wiped it off before heading inside where I saw a friendly and familiar face.

"Morning." I waved to him and he waved back.

"Good morning, Johnny."

"What's up?"

"Just the usual." Kalu shrugged. "It's been a slow day."

"Yeah." I nodded and came closer to the front desk. "But wait. I thought you were off at Princeton or something. Didn't you leave last week?"

"Unfortunately not." Kalu responded in a dejected tone.

I looked around for a moment before coming forward again. "What happened?"

"So apparently, I was getting all these offers and special accommodations for, you know..." Kalu gestured with his left hand in a spiral.

"I feel you."

"About that, I found out just how shady these weasels were. Some weren't even equipped to help with physical afflictions like mine. They only said that so I'd come and get treated like a god."

"Oh that's the worst." I couldn't help but shake my head. "They might as well call you a one-armed bandit to your face."

Kalu snorted and covered his mouth before he used that same hand to shake his pointer finger. "Ah, you're a funny one. To be honest, I'd rather have that too. At least spare me the indignity."

"Did they all do that?"

"No, but they also felt the need to bend like a pretzel for me because I have such a brilliant mind. I decided to keep working here."

"You sure that's what you want?" I asked. "I'm sure there's other places that are worth your time."

"Nah, it's fine." Kalu humbly accepted. "I'll admit the customer ignorance can be a bit frustrating, though I'm able to do my job efficiently and put my mind to use every once in awhile."

"Well that's nice."

"It really is. Now, would you like to buy something?" Kalu asked in a friendly tone.

"Sure, just give me a minute."

I totally forgot, I was starving and thirsty as fuck. Maybe I should some of that blue Gatorade or Mountain Dew. No, the Gatorade. Sometimes I get jittery when I drink that shit. Plus it sorta screws with my mind after I take my meds. It's such a pain but I could live without that extra oomph.

While I scanned through the drinks, I saw this hot chick slowly walking up and down the aisles. At first, I planned to ignore her but then she got closer and closer. She licked her lips and made a few moaning noises. I didn't get hard, though I did feel a little tingle inside and an urge. Before I realized it, my legs were moving and my mouth was open. My seduction game was on.