10| "Oh Look, Brownie Points For You."

Elise

"Wait, he was with Lyle?" I asked as Aria told me before scarfing down her hot dog.

"Uh-huh." She nodded and chugged her water. "I swear, there's something bad going on with him."

"Okay, let's start off by slowing down." I gently grabbed her hand to put the water down, only for her to pull away.

"My water."

"You're gonna choke."

"So?" Aria shrugged as she continued drinking her water at an insane rate. "Why does it matter?"

"You're the one holding this group together. If you weren't here, we'd fall apart."

"Yeah, no thanks to you."

Bitch, what? At first my eyebrows scrunched and I was gonna cuss her out until I remembered what happened Saturday. I slowly nodded and accepted her rightful frustration. "Right... Sorry about that."

"Seriously, what happened?" she asked. "I mean, you and Johnny seemed fine, then you of all people were in such a sour mood."

"I was really hungover."

"I knew it!" Aria sprung up and pointed at me.

"Aria, I–"

"I just knew you were wasted!"

"Okay, I admit it–"

"So is this like a regular thing with you? If it is, then you need to get some help."

That does it, I slammed my hands on the table and prepared to throw her shit back in her face.

"Oh look, brownie points for you 'cause you happened to be right for once in your life, hooray!" I mocked in a whiny voice before getting right to the point. "Alright, keep your panties on. I'm having enough trouble as it is hiding this from my parents. I don't need you blabbing about it to everyone."

"I won't."

"Thank you."

"Under one condition." Aria emphasized. "Talk to Johnny."

"No thanks."

"Seriously?" She scoffed. "He is bugging me, I mean look at this!"

Aria pulled out her phone and scrolled through all the texts. Some made my eyebrows spring up.

"Damn. He's really got nobody else?" I asked.

"Of course he has people, but for some reason he can't go to his boys nor Lyle."

"He's too proud to be that open with him."

"Well he needs to get over it. In fact, I'm going to tell him that right now." Aria took her phone back and immediately texted him. Once she was done, she turned to me and said, "Also I told him you wanted to talk later."

"Aria!" I yelled, causing some people to look our way though I didn't care.

"What? I'm doing you a favor." Aria whispered, trying her hardest not to make a scene.