17| "I'm a Pacifist."

Lyle

Oh boy, I put my hands on my head while pacing back and forth. I mean, sure it was nice to have Johnny over except this was so last minute. Almost last minute. I still had time to panic, other than that, I was on a crunch. A very unexpected time crunch which meant sprucing up around and practicing my people skills.

After doing some quick organizing and hiding, I stepped in front of my mirror. My body straightened up and I cleared my throat before giving my best Johnny impression.

"Yo Lyle." I spoke in a low, manly tone. I even fixed my hair and licked my lips all seductive too. "I had such a shitty morning."

"How so?" I asked in my normal voice.

"Oh, I dunno man. It sucked dick. You ever have days like that?"

I shrugged and laughed. "All day, every day."

"Yeah, it sure beats being you."

"Damn. You should've joined the theater club!"

"Ah!" I shrieked and clutched my chest. My heart raced at a thousand miles per hour. It was then, I heard that same voice coming from my tablet where I let out a very relieved sigh.

I went over and picked it up. I saw Aria laughing and shaking her head. "Sorry for the scare. I just had to say something."

"Well next time, please be more careful." I calmly requested. "I nearly had a heart attack."

"I can see that."

Yeah, she scared me for a moment. I actually forgot we were communicating through Skype and then Johnny called. Dominic also messaged me, but he could wait. So much happened in the last half hour, I could barely figure out what was up and what was down. Ironically enough, I was able to calm down again. It took some time, but I was able to make it work. There was a little awkward silence between us before I spoke again. "So I guess it's official."

"You and the dreamboat are really hanging out again?"

"In a way, yes." I nodded in an uneven, rhythmic manner until realizing something. "Wait, how is he the dreamboat?"

"Don't ask me, Elise gave him that nickname."

"She gives him a lot of those."

"I know." Aria smiled before rattling off a list. "Uh, there's DiCaprio's rejected brother, Hotshot, Discount John Elway-Oh, I know there was more."

"Don't forget Doucheface."

"That too. Though when I think about it, I don't think that was meant for him, but it would be fitting."

I chuckled and nodded. "Yeah... Hey, speaking of Elise, do you know where she's been? We haven't really talked since Thursday."

"Nope." Aria shook her head and had this faded smile planted on her face.

"Are you sure? I could've sworn she mentioned some plans she had."

"I wouldn't know. We aren't exactly talking much."

"So I've heard." I casually responded. "Would you mind telling me what happened?"