Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two
Bitter Taste

At last, it was the weekend. This week had been full of semester test prep. We only had two more weeks of school until Christmas break, and unfortunately, not a single snowflake. Well, at least it was a hopeful weekend. One alone with Sarah.

Sarah entered the apartment before me, throwing her bookbag to the side, collapsing to the couch, stretching her arms above her head, "I'm so glad the day is over." Sarah moaned, rubbing her forehead.

"Tell me about it. I just want to relax now." Throwing my bookbag behind the couch, I fell on top Sarah, knocking the breath out of her as she groaned. Slapping my back, she grimaced.

"That was not necessary!" Sarah exclaimed, I already shushed her.

"I can make it up to you. We have all weekend to ourselves." I whispered, pressing my lips to her cheek.

"Are you sure? We can always visit your mom." She asked, her voice low as she rose her arms to wrap around me.

To be completely honest, I was afraid to see her again. I just didn't want to see her get worse. I'm sure she'll be fine. It's just a matter of time before she calls home herself and goes on a date with my dad. Just like every friday before she got sick. It was just a matter of time. Sighing, I wanted to pass out and just die. I honestly don't know if she'll be okay and it scares me. In fact, it frightens the living hell outta me. 

I didn't want to think about it. I wanted some time to just be completely irresponsible and not a worry in the world. No more anger or sadness. Just love and comfort. I just want some comfort in the person I love, now that we're calm in the world of small town.

Groaning, I pressed myself harder against her, slipping my hand down her jeans, "Not right now. I just want to love you."

Laughing, she bit her lip, "PYT! Pretty young thing." Sarah mumbled, "Now you make me wanna play some MJ."

"Well, you do that, and I'll meet you in the bedroom. And give you some TLC. Tender lovin' care." Winking at her, I stood up and sprint to the kitchen as she stood.

"Don't keep me waiting too long." Sarah said, shedding her jacket and unbuttoning her jeans as she stumbled into the bedroom. Watching her, I exhaled. I better hurry before I outright explode.

I sifted through the drawers to find the lingerie I had bought with some money from my savings account, but I had misplaced it. Or maybe I'd moved it. While I raced over to my bookbag, I looked in the sleeve of my binder, finding the lace with a grin. Just as I had stripped down to my birthday suit, I could hear MJ coming from the bedroom.

Trying to hide my toothy grin, I started to put on the lingerie. When I had it on, I heard a knock on the door, "Ah, damn." I grumbled opening a closet door to grab my white bathrobe.

Tying it on, I opened the door determined to flip them off and go have a good time with my girl, but I found the guest to be a huge surprise. One man, in a police officer get up, a note pad in his hand, a small friendly smile on his face. He was a little young, maybe his late twenties or early thirties. He even looked like a cop.

"Hello, Miss, I'm looking for an Emily Matthews." I crossed my arms against my chest as I measured up the man as he spoke.

"That's me. What do you want?" I asked, sounding more sensitive than I meant to.

"Well, I'd like to ask you some questions pretaining to the fire set to your home."

"Now? Three weeks after? You police sure are fast. I'm impressed." I spoke sharply thinking of slamming the door as my hand rested on the doorknob.