15

ASHLEY

It's been a week since we got home. I haven't talked with Isaac ever since. Neither had he tried to contact me. I couldn't let the thought of him chew me out, though. I did my research. I played detective for the last few days before my wedding.

Results: absolutely nothing.

And, tomorrow, I would officially be known as Mrs. Isaac Kingston.

"Honey, have you talked to Isaac?" my mom asked.

"No." I replied, bluntly.

"Awh. Why? You guys were getting along great. Did you two fight?" mom interrogated me.

"I don't know, mom. He's been distant, I'm just doing my part and ignoring him back."

"I see. You obviously miss him."

"Sure, mom. If that's what you understood from what I just said."

"Don't worry. We're having dinner with the Kingston's this evening. I'm sure he'll show up. In fact, why don't you go over to his place and you guys could drive together." mom suggested.

"Yeah, okay." I cut it short and gave her the only answer she would be satisfied with.

Without bothering to change, I grabbed my phone and keys and headed to my car.

On my way, I called Isaac to let him know I was coming over. He didn't pick up. Oh well, I was his fiancee, anyway.

I arrived at his place and knocked on the door. After a minute I pulled down the door know; the door was open. I walked in and called for Isaac.

Then, I heard muffles. My ears lead me towards the noise, yet my eyes never fail to shock me.

This scene was not what I pictured when coming here.