13

ASHLEY

I woke up to Isaac's voice. He was obviously on the phone, but with who? I don't mean to sound like a nosey-ass clingy bitch, but it was obviously a girl since the name "Kara" was used repeatedly.

"Babe?" I asked, gaining his attention.

"Uh, yeah. I'll call you later, again. Bye." he told "Kara."

Isaac walked to the bed and kissed my forehead, "Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning. Who were you talking to?" I asked, in an innocent voice.

"Playing the jealous-girlfriend role, already?" he chuckled.

"I was just asking a question... but okay?" I acted.

"It was just business, nothing to worry about. We have to join the rest of the family for breakfast downstairs, come on!" he informed, pulling me out of bed. 

I reluctantly got up and took a shower. Once I was changed, we went downstairs to meet with the rest of our family.

"How does a picnic at Duden Falls sound for today?" my dad asked us.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

After our breakfast, we headed directly to Duden Falls. I've never been there before. So, I was excited. This whole country excites me in general. However, I still had a nagging feeling of "Kara" that just didn't know how to leave me alone.

The adults started setting up the tables while Isaac, Hunter, Jason and I played volleyball.

Yes, we were the most helpful kids of all time.

The beginning of the game was fun, until, Isaac had to leave due to a business call.

Trust him.

We tried to continue the game but it got boring soon.

Everyone sat down to eat, but Isaac still hadn't come back.

"I'm going to check on Isaac." I told Hunter.

I walked around. Me being me, I got a little side-tracked by the beauty of the waterfalls.

But, I did end up finding Isaac.

He was sitting by a tree, still talking on the phone...