14

ASHLEY

I walked closer. I needed to hear what this was all about. I had the right to, if I was marrying this man. If it really was a business call, I'll just casually walk up to him and say I was searching for him. No big deal. It's not like he's cheating. He can't be cheating. Technically, we weren't even dating yet. Let alone dating, I was marrying him, by force. How can he be cheating if we weren't even together yet?

I managed to sneak by a tree behind Isaac's tree. I had to thank Kim Possible for that. 

"I can't...I won't...." Isaac told the caller.

After a minute, "No! Alright, fine! I'll do it."

Isaac listened to the caller. 

"Yes, yes. I agree."

...

"Okay, bye." he sighed, ending the call. I got up, straightened myself, and put my innocent face on.

What did I understand from that convo? 

Nothing. Nada.

Casually walking up to him, I sat down and smiled.

"Hey! I've been looking for you." I greeted.

"I'm sorry. James talks too much. I wanted to tell him I had to get back, but you know how it is with him." he responded.

"James? I thought you had a business call..?" I asked.

"Uh, I did. With James..." he responded, saving himself.

But I was no dumbass.

I can smell a lie from a 100 miles away.

"Isaac, are you okay? You look...down?"

"Yes, babe. Just business. I never wanted this job, you know that."

I'll leave it with that. No need to get too pushy right away. There was something he was hiding.

And I had to learn.

Because, I might marry a man with some deep shit going on.

And while I was expecting a storm.

Little did I know, a superstorm was expecting me.