36. Alternative Beginning #10

It felt so good to finally accomplish the task which I was trying since two subsequent weeks. It felt so good to feel the presence of victory. It felt so good when you had trampled the plan of someone so determined to trample you. It felt so good to be loved by the dogs who were not a week ago practically killing you on the spot.

I patted the head of the Chocolate (I called him that because of his sweet nature and deep brown colour) who was a lot more friendly than other - it is a vivid overstatement - as he responded my touch by licking me all over. A week ago I would have definitely lost all of my fingers for the similar action but now the luck was in my favour. Thanks to my daily struggle of hunting the food and feeding the dogs, having one sided conversation, taking them on the walks every morning - of course, only after few days when they didn't attempt to kill me - patiently listening to all of barks and pitying them for having such a generous master who didn't waste his precious money on feeding his dogs and just trusted them to find food by themselves. So, I purposely fed them food thrice a day. I didn't think that Mr. Ambrose's stinginess would come into my handy someday. But it did.

I threw a stick far off the air and watched as the two dogs ran behind it to bring it back to me. It was really entertaining to watch them play. It was good to have someone's company, the importance of which you get to know when you're alone. Loneliness would had kill me if not for my book - which I had read atleast 100 times - but now, I had someone whom I could talk to no matter I didn't get verbal response, someone with whom I could share my thoughts and sorrows, someone with whom I could play and entertain myself, someone with whom I could share my food and with whom I can express my resentment of Mr. Ambrose behind his back. And, they barked every time I mentioned his name. That way I inferred that I wasn't the only one who hated his presence. Indeed, they obeyed him but that was because they were afraid of him.

Chocolate was the first one to arrive at the destination occupied by the fallen stick and he sprinted back towards me with the stick in his mouth but on his way he was attacked by Amblack (that name well suited him he was black in colour and just like Mr. Ambrose: implacable, mean, arrogant and extremely intelligent for nobody's good). This resulted in a big fight between both of dogs and the time for my entry.

'Boys, calm down. Both of you are winners!'

They didn't give heed to my voice but continued ripping each other just for a mere stick.

I stayed calm and tried to think the ways to stop their fight. I knew if I just directly intervened between them there might be nothing remaining of me but a piece of my flesh. As I had read in many books, I tried to act accordingly.

I stepped forward and positioned myself beside Choco (as it was no use to control Amby) and I touched its ribcage area. This action of mine forced Choco to open his mouth and he let go of his hold on Amby and so eventually Amby got the stick. But before Choco could launch forward to snatch stick from Amby, I tickled him and skimmed a hand around his neck and other on his back.

'Calm down, Choco.'

And he stood still enjoying the comfort I was giving to him.

After a while, he started licking me again forgetting about the stick and presence of Amby. This was how I spent my day embracing all the fights, fun and pleasure. Surely, the rest of my day was as entertaining as it could be with them and they even made me forget that I had certain enemy desperate to cut my head off within a blink of an eye.

*

In the dark cold night, I crammed my body in the duvet which smelled nothing but cheap. I felt my lips curve up into faint smile as I was lost in my sweet little dream.

I, Miss Lilly Linton, was the ruler of the world and all men were bowing before me. They were ready to do anything to be on my good side - Of course, they didn't think death penalty was pleasant - so, I took the advantage of the situation by ordering each of them to respect women and not treat them like a dirtbag. When I was done with my inspiring feminist speech and managed to gather nods and consents of thousand men regarding my developing schemes for women, I entered into my mansion to rest for a while and lay on my bed peacefully. Oh, the air was pleasant, very pleasant, with each particle in the atmosphere shouting freedom. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes to feel the mesmerizing aura of freedom. I could hear birds chirping, people chanting and a faint noise of barking dogs. Dogs? Did I have Dogs? Never mind, as rich as I was, I might have a dog. And then I heard creaking of my bedroom door. Perhaps, one of the servant might have brought me delicious chocolates. As I was smiling thinking about the different flavours which I was going to savour after a slumber, I felt a dip in the bed. Yes, my servants were so generous and cognizant of me that they provided me a huge pillow for my comfort. Still smiling, I hugged the soft - wait, since when was pillow hard. Doesn't matter because it was the most comfortable pillow I've known and it smelled so good and familiar. The whole-

I didn't get to complete my thought as I felt my arms around the pillow being trapped. Was it Venus flytrap and I an insect? Nevertheless, I tried to get out of the strong grip but to no avail. There might be the enemy of mine in the facade of a hard pillow. Perhaps, one of the men might have deceive me because I wasn't being kind to chauvinist male population.

'Hey! You deceitful mortal! You'll pay for your fraudulent! And when I'm done with you I swear you'll never be able to produce any new human being in this life! You bast-'

'Miss Linton?'

The daring of him to interrupt him! I will show him - but wait, why did the voice sound cold and...familiar?

In order to end my curiosity, I opened my eyes reluctantly.

And my dream came down shattering into darkness and the only thing I could see right now was the cold blue eyes.

_______________________________________________________

So Guys that was it.

Tell me your opinions on Alternative Beginning and do suggest if you feel I should add something in it.

I'll try my best to update as early as possible.

Anyways,

VOTE & COMMENT

Love,

Mariya.