34. Something Just Like This

This is an Rikk Lilly kid chapter. Note that Emma hasn't been born yet (if you've read Perfect) haha here you go.

___________________________________

‘Lillian, you're supposed to use money wisely. Remember, Knowledge is Power is Time is Money.’

‘Why thank you for your kind advice, Rikkard. But I earn for myself and I would spend for myself and Harry, of course.’

Mr. Ambrose and Lilly were busy with their daily banter and Harold sitting on the bed, munching a piece of chocolate looked at his father and then his mother as they spoke.

‘You may earn for yourself but you work for me. I wouldn't tolerate you spending money for no reason.’

‘If it wasn't for your basic needs, you wouldn't spend money at all. And, spending money on buying chocolates for your kid is no reason?’

‘Indeed, if you give an army of chocolate to your kid and make him addict.’

Lilly pointed an accused finger on Mr. Ambrose as he pretended to ignore the presence of his dear wife.

‘You bastard! I'm not making him addict-’

‘Moma..Moma! What does bastard means? Why did you call papa that? Is bastard his second name?’

Mr. Ambrose glared at Harold and then his mother and stormed out of the bedroom slamming the door.

‘Moma, what happened to papa? Why didn't he answer my questions like he always does?’

Lilly looked at Harold as he was trying to figure out the sudden change in the behaviour of his father.

‘Seems like he didn't like the new name I gave to him.’

Harold swallowed the chocolate and spoke with a clear voice.

‘Why didn't you say sorry to him, mom? You're good girl mom. I'm sure, Papa will shake hands with you and talk to you.’

‘Why should I talk to him when he doesn't want to talk with me, Harry?’

Saying that Lilly seated on the edge of the bed beside Harold. She was busy in her own thoughts. Honestly, Rikkard was her everything. He was the only man who owned her heart. Though he was stubborn, he cared a lot for her and Harold and she knew that. He would have given them his world within a blink of an eye if only they wasn’t his world. After all, they were his family. The very thing he longed to have from past fifteen years. She didn't like fighting with her husband but she couldn't let stone-headed ego of his boost to the extent of sky.

A smile appeared on Lilly lips as her little one wrapped his tiny hands around her neck and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

‘Thank you for the chocolates, Moma! You're the best!’

Lilly placed Harold on her lap and brushed his hair off his forehead. She looked at their son lovingly. His brown eyes twinkled like a star in a dark night as he grinned from ear to ear showing the two of his milk teeth. She still remembered the time when he was born. Rikkard was the whole time with her holding her hand while she was in labour. He was frightened to death seeing Lilly’s condition. He even warned doctors that he would dig their grave right then and there if something happened to Lilly, everytime they mentioned that the pain was pretty common. When Harold was born, Rikkard would have killed the doctor, if it wasn’t for Lilly’s presence. Of course, he thought doctor had something to do with his child crying. But when Rikkard held Harold in his arms, he was tongue-tied. He even forgot that he had something called vocal chords in him. Well, silence was his usual thing but expression wasn’t. First, he was afraid to hold their child but when he saw his little son gazing at him with the familiar fiercy brown orbs, he knew he had everything. Even the cave of gold they discovered in Amazon didn't give him happiness as holding their child in his arms did. Lilly never ever could forget the look on Rikkard’s face when he kissed her after handing Harold to Lilly.