Chapter 1: Awakening

POV: Nobody

It is a clear night with a full moon, at about midnight, the way is peaceful. All of a sudden a man runs from the forest followed by two personal guards firing apon two other people, inquisitors from a southern village. “Yer not gettin’ ‘way.” one of the inquisitors stated. As he said that the man they were chasing turned around and spoke “Sorry Gentlemen, but I will live.” As he said that a firefight ensued. After a few moments of fighting, the inquisitors, badly shot in the abdomen, ended up held on there knees in execution fashion. “Kakoshi,” Ont of the inquisitors said,”Pardner, this looks like the end fer us.”  “Oh,” The man said, “I know, when you see the Devil, tell him, I said hello.” As he said that he fired a round into each of the inquisitors heads. “Come on boss,” One of the guards said, “We need to leave before anyone else comes our way an finds out what happened.” “Fine.” The man said as the fled the scene.

POV: Y/n

As I woke up, I found myself on the ground with what appeared to be either a young man or an old teen, I couldn’t really tell. “Hey dude,” He said, “are you alright?” “Yea,” I replied getting up, “Who th’ ‘ell are you?” “Tatsumi,” he responded, “Who are you?” “Umm, my name is Y/n, yea Y/n” I responded holding my head I guess I took a purty nasty hit.  “Wow, got enough weapons there?” Tatsumi asked “Huh?” I responded confused, “I mean the weapons on your belt.” As he mentioned that I looked at my belt noticing I had a katana, knife on my left and a revolver on my right, and on my shirt near my abdomen, I had a hole with fresh blood stains. “I ‘member now!” I stated, “What?” Tatsumi asked, “My name’s Y/n L/n, an’ I’m ‘n inquisit’r of a small vill’ge to th’ south, my pardner and I were lookin’ fer a murd’r from our vill’ge, he shot my pardner killin’ him an’ shot me in th’ gut leavin’ me ta die.” “Wow, who did he kill?” Tatsumi asked, “Half the dam’ed vill’ge, including my wife an’ childr’n.” I responded feeling my blood boil. “Damn, I’m sorry to hear that.” Tatsumi responded, “I’m guessing that’s your hat  and coat on the ground.” As he said that he pointed to a cowboy hat on top of a brown duster on the ground. “Yea, th’ bullet ‘ole in the duster match’s up wit’ th’ one in ma shirt, but I don’t ‘member the ‘ole in ma hat, it ‘pears to’ve enter’d my front’l lobe an’ hit my tempor’l lobe, which ‘xplains th’ memr’y loss.” I responded putting the hat and duster on. “So what’re ya here fer Tatsumi? I can tell ya came fr’m a small vill’ge, most likel’y fr’m the north due ta yer apparel.” “I came from a small village with some friends, but we got separated in a raider attack, and yes we came from the north.” Tatsumi replied, “well I’m headed to the Capital, maybe you’d like to tag along.” “Sure” I said as we walked to the Capital. “Also.” Tatsumi started, “You look like a bounty hunter or a cowboy instead of an inquisitor.”

When we were about a kilometer away from the capital we saw a carriage appear before us, when suddenly a risk class earth dragon appeared before us. Tatsumi wasted no time in rushing up the beast’s arm decapitating it. “Dang, Didn’t even give th’ thin’ a chance.” I said. “It was nothing for a guy like me.” Tatsumi responded, just then I started having a flashback. I saw my partner and I running down the road, “Come on,” my partner started, “he’s right here we got him.” “Ya darn right we got ‘em.” I responded, just then I saw the man we were chasing turn around and shoot me and my partner down. “Gah!” I stated holding my abdomin, “Huh, what’s wrong Y/W?” Tatsumi asked, “I’m startin’ to ‘member th’ man’ho shot me an’ ma pardner.” “Well let’s keep going, the Capital is right there.” Tatsumi responded as we walked that way.

When we got to the Capital, we decided to split up temporarily, I made my way to a bar to gather information. “Ya got any whisk’y?” I asked the bartender who responded by sliding a mug my way. I tossed him a gold coin as payment. After a bit of questioning I saw Tatsumi enter the bar with a blonde girl. “Howdy Tatsumi,” I started, “I see ya found one o’ yer friends.” “Not really.” he responded, “It’s more of a personal thing.” “Well good luck, I’ll stay ‘ere since ther’s no oth’r place ta stay.” I responded I could see the fear in the bartender’s eyes. A few hours later as we were sitting in the bar the owner came to kick us out. “But I’m waiting for my friend.” Tatsumi replied, “Look kid, your friend took your money and ran, you’re not getting it back.” The bartender replied. “C’mon Tatsumi,” I started, “Lets get out of her’, we’ll look fer ‘er tom’rrow.” “Fine” Tatsumi replied leaving the bar.

A few moments later as we sat on the corner of the street, a carriage rolled by and stopped in front of us, a young girl, about Tatsumi’s age came out and took us in. When we got back to their house, we thanked the girls parents, finding uoit that was normal for Aria, the girl who brought us in, to do this, and I left to a guest room to get some sleep. I woke up early that morning, about half an hour before sunrise, I made my way to the kitchen to find a bunch of workers in the room. “Y’all min’ if I ‘elp ya out?” I asked, “You can head on out into the woods to catch us some meat for breakfast, the others are waiting for my signal.” one of the men said, “Yessir.” I stated leaving the area, and meeting the other staff. “So what are you doing here?” one the men asked, “Well, I’m ‘ere to catch a murd’r, ‘e came fr’m my vill’ge down south.” I stated, “Really, I heard the Mister talk about coming across a slaughtered village down south.” the other man said, “I’ll haf’ta ask ‘im ‘bout that.” I stated as we walked through the woods.

Later that night I got up to use the bathroom, I saw a Purple haired girl stalking through the house trying to remain unseen, “Ya know ma’am.” I started, startling her, “It’d ‘elp if ya stopped walkin’ in the moonlight.” As I said that she pulled out a giant pair of scissors, “You aren’t a target so I must ignore you.” she said walking off down the hall, so I followed her. After a minute or two I saw Aria’s father. “You are my target.” the woman said. “Wait, a min’t,” I said jumping in front of her as she tilted her head, “Why is ‘e yer targ’t?” “He killed a village to the south of her a few days ago.” She replied. A few days ago. I thought to myself, Eurokea! “Are you going to move out of my way?” the woman asked, “I need to kill him.” “No,” I said turning around, “I’ll do it feR YA!” as I said that he started running so I shot him in the legs sending him to the ground and walked in front of him, I drew my katana, and starting to cut his limbs off, “This if fer my kids,” I cut off his right arm, “This is fer my wife,” I cut off his left arm, “an’ this is fer my pardner, Tell the Devil I said howdy.” I cut his head clean off, it rolled toward me in with a mix of fear and anguish in his eyes, so I smashed it flat. “Who’re ya ma’am,” I asked, “My name is Sheele.” She said, “Would you mind coming with me for a while.” as she said that she grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall and outside where a man in white armor reached for me. “Hol’ it ther’ pradner,” I started, “I can move ‘round on ma own.” Just the I heard Tatsumi scream, “Hey let go of me, I need to bury my friends!!” He shouded as I saw a woman in her 20s pulling him, she kinda looked like the girl who stole his money, but she was more animalistic, and there was another girl in black, looking to be about Tatsumi’s age. “Welcome to Night Raid!” The blonde shouted.