My Yellow Rose Flower

My yellow rose flower.

I stare at it all day after school and during the weekend.

I go to my parents grave and lay the flower on it.

But today was more different than just staring at a flower.

"Yo Natsu wait up!" Yelled my best friend/ enemy, not really enemy though, Gray. He was running to catch up with me on my way to school. Once he was close enough he stopped into a walk and we walked together to school. "Why didn't you wait in front of your house like you usually do?" He asked. "You took to long. Plus, it's late we should be running to school." I said then smiled and started running.

"H- Hey wait up!" I heard Gray yell and once more trying to catch up to me.

We made it to school and luckily we were excused of being late, gotta keep the record clean. We went to lunch after our first three classes, did the same old same old school stuff. Now that schools over and it's a Friday I get to go to the store and buy some flowers for my parents and then I get to stare at my flower.

That was the plan anyway..

I walked into the store I would usually go to get my flowers. "Good afternoon Natsu, here to get your yellow roses I assume?" The lady in the cashier said, "Yeah, you do have then don't you?" I asked and she nodded and took the flowers from under her desk, since she knows that I buy flowers here every Friday to give to my parents she hides two bouquets of yellow roses under her desk. "Thanks! Here's the cash, keep the change, I'm feeling generous today!" I said with a smile and left with my flowers.

I went to the graveyard and went to my parents grave. I put one bouquet on each grave then kneeled down and prayed. Once I finished I got up and said my last words out loud. "I wish my yellow rose could turn human so I won't as lonely as I am now." And turned to walk back home.

Once I went to my house I did my homework, I know its Friday but I think it's a good thing to do your work early than late, then I sat down on my desk and stared at the dark blue vase holding my one yellow flower.  I looked at my window and saw a shooting star, they say that when you make a wish with a shooting star it will come true, "My wish still stands. I really do wish you were human." I got up to get some coffee. While making it I heard a loud bang coming from my bedroom.

I thought it was a thief so I grabbed a broom from the hallway closet and went upstairs to my room. I slowly opened the door and once I fully opened it I stood still shocked to see...

A blond girl wearing a white dress in my room. She was facing the wall so I guess she didn't notice I was hear. Something told me to look at the vase.

The flower was gone.

It can't be.. can it I thought.

"H-hello?" I said more in a questioning tone then I intended it to be. She jumped and turned around and once she saw me she was going to stand up but she fell right away. She looked scared. "Hey, hey. I'm not going to hurt you." I said trying to comfort her. I walked up to her and took out my hand. She looked at it then to me, "My name is Natsu Dragneel. I promise I will never hurt you." I smiled. She then grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. When she stood up she was about to fall but I immediately caught her.

"Can you not walk?" I asked. She stood silent "Can you not talk?" Dame it Natsu you know she can't so stop asking these stupid questions I thought. "So, do you have a name?" SHUT UP! I mentally yelled at myself. She shook her head at least knows how to do that

I picked her up, she is extremely light as a flower, and put her on my bed. "Let's see.. if you don't have a name I guess I'll just have to give you one." I mumbled to myself. I am terrible at making names, one time I saw a cat on the streets and I named it Happy. The only thing I know is that the yellow rose needs lots of light, but you can't anyone light, that's to plain. What name has the meaning of light. Luigi? No that's no where near light that's Mario. Loony? That's a cartoon. Lazy? Pfft that's a nice name!

"How about Lucy." I said my last guess out loud by accident. I looked at her and she was smiling bright. Lucy it is I thought. "Now all you need is a last name." I thought long and hard, now my head hurts, but I continued. What is I used a last name of the old Heartfilia family? I mean people in the olden days might recognize it but it could be coincidence. "How about Heartfilia. How does that sound, Lucy Heartfilia?"

She nodded and said the unexpected "L-Lucy- Lucy Dragneel." I looked at her and blushed a little bit "No Lucy! People would think were related. It's Lucy Heartfilia." She nodded again and tried to say it again. "Lucy.. Lucy Drag- H-Heart- Heart... filia? LUCY HEARTFILIA!" When she yelled her name I jumped, that scared me. "Hay I know your excited, but you didn't have to yell it." I chuckled.

"So you can talk. You just need to learn how." It shouldn't be to hard, she learned her name in less then two minutes I thought. "So Lucy, can you say yes?"

"Y-ye- y- NO!"

Woah.. guess I don't have to teach her how to say no.

"Lucy say yes."

"NO!"

"Yes."

"NO!"

"No."

"YES!"

I finally got her.

"Now Lucy you should listen more and do what I say." I scolded her and she nodded "O-Okay."

She said okay, well okay that's great I guess she's learning on her own. "I guess I should teach you how to walk, right?" She looked confused but agreed anyway. "Okay Lucy I'm going to help you stand up and get your balance, but once I let go I need you to move your right leg-" I pointed to her right leg "- then left leg." She nodded. I helped her up and get her balance and then I slowly let go and walked not to far but still enough for her to walk at least six steps to me.

"Okay Lucy move your right leg forward.." she did and almost fell but caught her balance by moving her left leg. She did the same thing until she stood in front of me. "Good job?" She said "Yeah good job!" She's learned how to talk on her own, somehow, which is a good thing now all I need to do is teach her the basic ways of human life. "Well it's pretty late, we should go to-" I stopped realizing that there's only one bed and two of us.

I blushed knowing that we'll have to sleep together. "To go to bed?" She asked. "Y-Yeah." And so we did, she fell asleep pretty quickly, while I stood up most of the night thinking

How am I gonna teach her to shower?