Baby

short thing because i just really wanted to write mpreg bc i just think they'd love it? i promise i tried to make this the least cringey i could

-

"I'm... pregnant."

It's the last thing Scott ever expected to hear. He knows he and Mitch aren't the most careful, but he's never imagined them creating a baby together. Well, he always thought they might start a family in the future, but the emphasis was always on in the future. He can't ignore the warmth blossoming in his chest at the idea of raising a child with his precious husband, though.

"We're having a baby? There's a little human growing inside you?"

Mitch nods, biting at his lip. It's something he's always secretly dreamed of, his body becoming a home to a little growing person, but it's always seemed like a reach. When he'd gotten the test results back, he couldn't deny the butterflies that had formed in his belly.

Scott wraps Mitch up in his arms, pressing tender kisses all over his face.

"We're having a baby!" He squeals, running his hands along Mitch's sides before pulling away, absentmindedly trailing his fingers to Mitch's stomach. "How far along are you?"

"Doctor said two months," Mitch smiles, reaching down to rest his has over Scott's.

"I'm the luckiest man alive," Scott hums, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to Mitch's lips.

-

Mitch's excitement for housing a growing being in his stomach doesn't simmer down. Of course, he could do without the swollen ankles, the morning sickness, the occasional craving for the nastiest mixtures of food, but Scott is an angel. He's there to massage Mitch's limbs, rub his back as he throws up and cries over the toilet, and he eagerly travels around the city to grab pickles and milkshakes. He's there for the ultrasounds, holds his hands and cries along with Mitch when they hear that little thud of a heartbeat. They'd both sobbed happily when they were told the baby's sex, clutching tightly to one another and sharing more love between them than they ever imagined possible.

Mitch's love for Scott only grows as he carries their little boy in his growing belly.

Mitch likes it, too, likes looking down at his protruding tummy and knowing that their baby is living in there. He likes his pregnancy glow.

Mitch gasps when he feels something, a pressure in his belly as he's laying in bed next to Scott, spooning as they watch some television. It's new, something he's never felt before, but he knows not to panic.

He calmly slips a hand under his shirt and presses his hand gently to his stomach, feeling for the source of the discomfort. Scott is sitting up now, watching Mitch with concern gracing his pretty features.

"What's wrong?" Scott asks softly, leaning a bit over Mitch to watch as his hand flattens over his stomach. He's cautious, but Mitch appreciates that he's remaining calm, too.

"I think the baby is kicking," Mitch whispers, eyes widening as he feels another press, right by his hand this time. "Oh my god, Scotty. He's kicking!"

Scott makes a startled noise, gently urging Mitch to turn a bit so that he can see his front better. He tentatively pulls up Mitch's loose shirt, locking eyes with Mitch and seeking consent before he reaches his bigger hand out. Mitch moves his away, settles instead for resting it over Scott's and guiding it to the spot where he feels the baby.

"Mitchy," Scott breathes shakily when he feels their baby kick for himself. "There's our little baby boy."

He finally tears his eyes away from where their hands are locked together on Mitch's bare stomach to stare deeply into Mitch's eyes. Mitch realizes Scott's pretty blue eyes are glassy with unshed tears, and they both smile brightly to each other.

"That's our baby," Mitch hums fondly. "He's saying, 'hi, Daddy.'"

Scott laughs softly, a single tear running down his cheek as he glances back down at Mitch's swollen tummy.

"Is it weird if I talk to him?" Scott asks sincerely.

"I don't think so," Mitch smiles.

Scott leans down until he's only a foot or so from their joined hands. "Hi there, little guy. It's your Daddy. Papa just felt you kick! We're both so excited for you to come join us. We already love you so much," Scott coos.

Mitch smiles, uses his extra hand to card through Scott's soft hair and giggles when he feels Scott's soft lips press to his belly.

"Stop!" He says playfully. "Come up here and give me a real kiss."

Scott leans away from Mitch's stomach, a heartwarming smile on his face as he moves up Mitch's body. He rubs their noses together cutely before kissing Mitch tenderly.

"I love you," he breathes.

"I love you, too."