An Actress

Entirely based off a cute tweet caesarlester posted foreverrrrr ago along with the edit she made (above). I've had this in drafts forever and decided to finally finish it wooo!

-

It's always hard when Mitch works late. Scott is accustomed to falling asleep peacefully with his boy wrapped in his arms around ten or eleven on a weekday. So when Mitch is out for work, staying up late hours of the night, it takes a toll on Scott.

See, Scott's boyfriend is an amazing actor, stars in legendary box office hits. He truly deserves the title of a movie star. He shoots often and he's very dedicated to his job. Scott admires it, really, since his desk-job is less than exciting and requires little creative thought or performance.

They always facetime during Mitch's shoots, when there are lulls in production. Mitch always makes it clear that Scott is welcome with him, can tag along, and he has once, but it wasn't his scene. He's proud of his boyfriend, ridiculously so, but the stares he got on set when his boy wasn't by his side made him just feel out of place. He elects to facetime Mitch when there's time instead, even if it means watching his phone screen through droopy eyes five hours before he needs to be awake for his own job.

"Scotty," Mitch's soft voice flits, pulls him from his thoughts.

"Hmm?" he mumbles, hand gripping the blanket, tugging it to cover himself.

"You were dozing off, honey."

"Sorry, Mitchy," he slurs. His lack of sleep is really catch up to him, weighing down his eyelids. The static noise, the low rumble of voices coming through his phone speaker prevent him from sleep though. That, and his view.

"I only have a few more hours left on set," Mitch smiles softly, his eyes traveling wildly as people pass him in blurs. Scott hugs his pillow closer, his blanket pulled so snugly against him. "I'll be home, soon."

Scott snorts - hours hardly seems soon.

"I just want you in bed next to me," Scott says quietly, head pressing into his fluffed pillow. "This Cali king bed seems so empty without you in it next to me."

Mitch frowns over-dramatically, makes it clear that he isn't one for late nights without Scott either. "I know, Scotty."

"How has rehearsal been going?" Scott asks, realizes he hasn't yet and feels a bit rude for it. But, he was a little preoccupied with just gawking at his beautiful boyfriend.

"It's been great!" Mitch smiles, tilts his head excitedly as he begins explaining. "Jesse has been phenomenal. His instructions and his vision are so clear - his passion for this whole movie has been so inspiring, too. I'm so glad I'm part of this!" He smiles, seems to be walking somewhere as the background shifts, and then he halts his movements, sighs. "I haven't done a lot. I was sent right to hair and makeup when I got here, and I've only shot, like, two scenes, I think."

Scott smiles, listens as Mitch goes on about what his schedule has been so far, what it should consist of for the rest of the night. His eyes are slipping shut but he's still awake, well past a level of tired that is probably healthy.

"I wish I were with you," Mitch says quietly, and that has Scott's eyes opening. Mitch likes being with him, obviously, but he also loves his job and has never expressed a desire to leave work.

"Mitchy," Scott starts, shifting into a more comfortable position on their bed.

Mitch sighs, "I know, this isn't like me. I just miss you. They aren't even having me do anything here - I could be home with you. To be honest, I don't even think anyone would notice if I ran home right now."

Scott laughs tiredly, "I doubt they wouldn't notice one of their leads leaving the set."

Mitch nods, frowning, "you're right, I know. I just - I want to be home."

-

"Scotty," he hears. He's half-asleep, doesn't remember truly falling asleep but is only somewhat conscious and aware of what's happening. It takes him a minute to fully realize that someone just called his name and he shifts, tugging the blanket along with him to find the owner of the voice.

A cold hand rests against his bare skin, jarring him from sleep and his eyes snap open. Mitch is hovering over the bed, only dressed in little boxer briefs. He looks tired, matches Scott.

"Mitchy," Scott sighs happily, sending a lopsided smile his way. He automatically reaches out, grabs for his boyfriend.

"Babe," Mitch smiles, "I have to-"

"Cuddle," Scott declares. "Gotta' cuddle. Please. 'Missed you."

Mitch worries his lip between his teeth, stares off toward the door to their bedroom. "Okay," he smiles. "Just let me turn off the hall light, okay?"

Scott nods, "hurry."

Mitch laughs quietly and then there's only the quiet sound of footsteps to remind Scott that Mitch is home. It only takes a few seconds for Mitch to return and then Scott is pulling back the soft comforter, wrapping it around both of them. Mitch feels cold and Scott is warm, enveloping his boyfriend in his arms and transferring his heat over. Mitch settles himself into Scott's chest, presses his head into the warmth of Scott, right in the crook of his neck. His arms are bent, resting on Scott's toned chest. His fingers absentmindedly trace little patterns, only settling to feel the steady heartbeat that's there.

Scott is already exhausted, feels himself dozing off pretty quickly. He presses a gentle kiss to the top of Mitch's head, tangles their legs together to get impossibly closer to Mitch. He feels sleep pulling at him.

"I love you, Mitchy." He whispers, rubs at Mitch's side.

Mitch abandons his spot in the crook of Scott's neck to look up at Scott. He smiles gently, his eyes taking in all of his boyfriend - from his sandy blond hair, to his pale eyelashes and baby blues, to the scruff of hair scattered around his pretty pink lips. He leans up, kisses the corner of Scott's lips, smiling into it when he feels Scott's own smile.

"I love you too, Scotty."