Fashion Week

"Imagine if Scott didn't know Mitch and he was at fashion week and Mitch was a runway model and Scott saw him from the crowd and fell in love" idea from dsdptx

Disclaimer: I know nothing about fashion and I'm not pretending I do! Cool, thanks!

-

It's not Scott's scene, really.

He understands why Candice would want to come to Paris for the week, but he's not fashionable, if he's being honest. He's always just worn whatever Candice picks out - she has an eye for it after all.

Scott flies to Paris though, goes with her despite his blatant fashion illiteracy, because she begs him to, and he would feel guilty turning her down.

Plus, he thinks, could it really be so bad?

It's bad.

He feels completely ridiculous, watching random figures strut down the runway, clad in extravagant clothes that he could never picture himself actually wearing. He thinks his fingers - or even the ceiling - have to be more entertaining at this rate. They're basically front row, too, which just furthers Scott's guilt. He knows these are expensive seats, knows Candice is really enjoying herself, and he doesn't want to be embarrassing or a spoilsport.

Scott rubs his eyes, glances up, tries to shift in his seat so that sleep won't be so tempted to drift off to sleep. His eyes scan the runway, run over the bodies trotting down the carpet. It's near the beginning of the runway that he spots him - he's slim and angular and he truly captivates Scott. He's wearing a fluffy coat. It's colorful, too. He's got jeans on but they're different, asymmetrical, it seems. His shirt is black, plain, and he struts down the runway like he fucking owns the show.

The model continues strutting down the runway, face forward and head held high. He's breathtaking, Scott thinks.

He's at the end of the carpet before Scott even registers that the model is turning, posing, turning. The model finally lets his gaze falter from the show, lets his eyes scan over the crowd, and they lock with Scott's.

And then he's falling, panicked as guests in the crowd start to gasp. He's tripped over his own two feet, and Scott doesn't think he's ever seen someone fall on the runway before.

The model catches himself, almost falls but stumbles back up into a pose. Scott thinks it looks beautifully eloquent and flawless. He looks mad, but he continues strutting, seems quicker now. His cheeks are tinted pink, Scott thinks, and it's even cuter to see him all flustered from his little mistake.

Then he's gone, and Scott suffers through the rest of the boring show, hanging on to the hope that he'll see the beautiful model when he and Candice retreat backstage.

-

He doesn't.

At first, he's only bombarded with pretty girls, all winking, smiling, waving at him. He's uninterested though, eyes scanning what seems like the never ending crowd for the gorgeous brunette.

He has to stay by Candice, though, and she's a lot more interested in talking to the models, designers, etc. than he is.

Scott tunes it all out.

It's a buzz, really, the murmur of the crowd sounds like a low rumble in his brain.

Until he hears someone mention the trip on the runway.

"I still can't believe Mitch Grassi almost fell on stage - never would've thought."

"I know, he takes the job so seriously. He's always so focused."