Chapter 37-Preparing for a bundle of joy

Chapter 37- Preparing for a bundle of joy

____Kyra's POV____

Time flew quickly living in the castle and soon, my first wedding anniversary arrived. It was very special as Raymond did his best to make it an auspicious event. Over the last couple of months, our bond had grown tremendously and everything felt right with the universe. He spent less time away from the castle and more time at home with me. He would listen to me play the piano and sing for him and we acted like two love birds. We would cook together and everything felt like a fairytale. With him constantly around me, my fears and worries subsided to the back of my mind and soon I forgot all about them. I was just focused on my future with the love of my life.

For our one year anniversary, he surprised me with a breathtaking dinner in the garden where we exchanged our vows and sealed our eternal love with a kiss and blessings from the priest. The dinner was set up beautifully and it was a wonderful surprise for me but I had an even bigger surprise for him.

I was about to drop a major bombshell on his plate and I hoped he was ready to eat it wholeheartedly. I had recently found out I was pregnant after not seeing my period and the recent cravings of chocolate cake I had been experiencing made me realise I was possibly carrying my husband's baby.

I was excited to share the news with him and hoped he would be eager to be a dad. I was two months pregnant but my baby bump was not showing as yet.

After we ate dinner, he poured us my favourite wine but I didn't drink it. The smell of the wine made me feel a bit nauseous but I tried to keep myself composed as I did not want to spoil the surprise.

"Honey, is something wrong? You haven't touched your wine." he said, looking at me slightly confused.

"Everything's perfect." I said, reaching over the table and holding his hands in mine, "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" he asked curious to know what I had to say.

I stood up a bit nervous and stood in front of him, taking his hand and placing it on my stomach.

"You're going to be a father." I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Are you serious?" he asked with a spark in his eyes and his whole face lit up.

He stood up with excitement and embraced me lovingly.

He looked down at my stomach which was still flat and put his hand on it.

"I'm going to be a dad!" he exclaimed with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Kyra, you've made me the happiest man alive. I have you as my beautiful wife and now I'm about to raise a baby with you. What more could I ever ask for?" he said and kissed me passionately.

We then took a stroll in the garden under the star lit sky and Raymond began thinking about baby names.

The following week, Raymond drove us to the airport where we took a quick trip to Toronto for us to go shopping for our baby.

We entered fancy stores and hired a personal designer to make our baby's clothing. The baby would have a wonderful life with everything he or she ever dreamed of. Our baby would have a great dad and I could not wait to raise our baby together.

Speaking of baby, I wonder how Amara is doing. She must have had the baby by now. I hope she is okay and safe wherever she is.

We had just entered the lobby of the hotel we would be staying at when I started feeling a bit fuzzy-headed. I ignored it and continued walking hand in hand with my husband.