Chapter 28- You deserve better

*****Warning: This chapter contains graphic sexual content.*****

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 28- You deserve better

___________Dr.Amara's Pov__________

I paced the room trying to calm my thoughts. How could this be happening to me? Why was this even happening? I screamed out in frustration and anger.

The betrayal I felt in my heart caused me to have conflicting ideas on what life was supposed to be. All my hopes and dreams were crushed. I felt humiliated, used and hurt.

I felt like my heart had been shattered and dropped on the cold ground. Why on Earth was this happening to me?

How could he betray me like this? After all we had been through together? I guess I was not the only one. I was never the main priority.

I needed answers and I needed them now.

I stormed into his study with steam fuming from my nose and ears.

"How could you do this to me?" I asked him furiously.

"Do what?" Raymond asked like the self-centred jerk he is.

"You know what!" I shouted at him.

Why was he acting foolish now? I was tired of playing his games. I had questions that deserved to be answered.

"No Amara. I don't know anything. In fact, I would prefer if you would get out of my study and compose yourself." he said, fixing his tie.

Is he seriously avoiding this conversation? I won't allow him to continue playing these mind games with me.

How could he say this after all we've been through. I waited for him. I waited until he was finally an adult for him to marry me. I gave him enough time and now he's marrying her?

I loved him. I wanted him and I knew that deep down he wanted me too. How could he cast our love aside to marry Kyra? I thought he had kidnapped her only to fulfil his father's dying wish, to prove himself to the dead soul. Had I known he would have been bewitched by the young girl, I would have done everything in my power to prevent them from finding each other.

I know Raymond is a very aggressive and dangerous man and he openly admitted that he killed my mom, but when we were little, we made a promise. A promise that we would get married.

He got me furious when he slept with all these other girls. I hated him for that. If only he could see that I am the one for him. The only one for him. I know I am still scared of the jerk I call my step-brother but he's more than that to me. He's my man and I will be his, no matter the consequence.

"If you're done daydreaming, you may leave my office." he spat out at me, clearly annoyed.

"Why are you marrying her? Why?" I practically screamed at him, tears threatening to spill.

My heart felt like someone was squeezing the life out of it and I clenched my fists trying to ignore the pain of my heart breaking.

"What do you mean why? My dad told me about her, trained me to find he and I did it by choice, not by force. I love her. She's mine forever." he said.

A single tear drop rolled down my face.

"Amara, can you please stop wetting my floor with your crocodile tears?" he asked not looking at me but at the files which were on his desk.

"You think these are crocodile tears? I waited years for you. Now it's time for me to be married. You promised I would be your wife. You--" I was cut off by his yelling as he pushed me to a wall.