Chapter 35- An Offer

____Nadia's Pov_____

I hate what my life has become and sometimes I think it would have been better if Raymond had killed me when he realised his men had kidnapped the wrong girl. There is not a night when I can sleep peacefully. I am still haunted by Raymond's face in my dreams or should I say nightmares. He looked so handsome kind but was a monster. I awake in a cold sweat every night with my heart racing and I have to remind myself that Raymond cannot hurt me. I have been put on anxiety pills to calm my nerves but it does not numb the pain or make my fears go away.

Instead of living my life, I am stuck in the shadows of Kyra Edwards and the life she was taken away from. It's like I've stolen her identity and her life here in South Carolina. No wonder her friends hate me. They see me as a threat for taking over their friend's life and they feel like she's been replaced by an imposture and that imposture just happens to be me. That's why Khloe and Lucy keep trying to get rid of me by literally attempting to murder me. They really hate me and I need to get out of the Edwards' lives before things get worse and I actually end up dead.

To be an orphan was tough but it made it worse as I had no one in this world to rely on but myself. I was grateful for having Andrea and Daniel in my life but when they get their daughter back, I will be forgotten and abandoned. They made my life a bit more bearable as I was still filled with regret and feeling extremely guilty as I blamed my mom's untimely demise on myself. If I hadn't been kidnapped this never would have happened. I would have still been in New York probably out of my mother's house as she would have kicked me out for always arguing with her idiot husband.

I was currently looking online for a college for me to major in literature and history. I want to become a lecturer at a University or College most likely in New York where I had been born and raised. After over an hour of searching, I felt overwhelmed with the price of tuition and decided to take a break. I remembered that I needed to learn karate so I decided to look for a dojo close by where I could study martial arts. I was in desperate need to learn how to defend myself from people who tried to hurt me. After ten minutes of searching, I found a karate dojo about three blocks from where I was staying and decided that I would sign up and start next week.

Feeling satisfied that I would soon be able to defend myself, I continued browsing for affordable colleges where I could get an online degree and also colleges in New York as I wanted to weigh my options in case I had to travel back home. I needed to start sending out applications as soon as possible. After staring at the screen for what felt like hours, there was a knock on my door and after saying come in, Andrea appeared.

"Nadia, what are you doing?" Mrs. Edwards asked me.

"Nothing much. I'm just looking for a college to..." I was cut off by her.

"You're leaving?"she asked, her voice cracking.

My eyes opened wide but I quickly covered up my true intentions.

"Oh no, I would never do you that. I'm just...weighing my options." I said smiling but deep inside, I knew that was not what I wanted.

"Ohh, I thought you were leaving." she said in relief.

"Andrea, you do know that I will have to leave you at some point in my life. My degree will probably take a year to complete and I have to get a part time job, maybe at a daycare centre to get money. I can't depend on you and Daniel the rest of my life." I said smiling.

"Nonsense. Daniel and I can afford to take care of you forever. Whatever you need, just let us know." Andrea said smiling.

I smiled back at her but my heart ached, knowing that I did not intend to stay with them for much longer. I had to getaway from them sooner than later, before they grew too attached to me. They were trying to fill the void that was left in their lives when Kyra was kidnapped but they had to face reality.