Chapter 26- Surprises

________Andrea's Pov______

I stared out into the abyss of what my life had become. I could not believe that my daughter was snatched from my bare hands yet again. Why on Earth was this happening to me? What on Earth had I done to deserve such torture? My daughter was innocent. She did not deserve to go through this.

The hospital staff were still baffled as to how Kyra was taken and replaced with another girl. No clues or leads were left. The police had a mystery on their hands but it is suspected that there were inside men on the job. How else would this have happened? The kidnapper was a mastermind and whether or not we would ever catch him in his tracks was a mystery still needed to be unfolded and fast. We do not need anyone else getting caught up or hurt in this mess.

Extra surveillance has been put on Nadia to ensure that she is protected. She's still in a coma but we hope that when she awakes she will be able to tell us where Kyra is or at least if she has an idea of where Kyra would be. Nadia is essential to this case right now and her room is being monitored because we need to ensure that she is safe from the monster who did this to her. Her room has been changed to a remote location in the hospital to ensure that whoever kidnapped and tortured her does not come back to finish the job, especially if Nadia is capable of telling us his whereabouts.

She looks so much like Kyra that every time I see her I begin to cry. I go to the hospital often to see her.

Her mother has been very depressed and stressed as a result of her daughter's condition. She does not understand why someone would do this to her child. Her mother, Dona George, is a nice person and we even exchanged numbers. We have become good friends ever since the unfortunate incident. We have been praying for Nadia so when she wakes up she will not have amnesia. If she does it will be hard to find out who has Kyra, especially since Lisa has amnesia and cannot remember anything or anyone.

"Andrea, I know you know more about this case than you are telling the officers. Please, I want to help. Your daughter is probably in danger. You need to tell me." Dona urged.

Tears were forming in my eyes and I tried to blink them away. I was under so much pressure. I knew I couldn't trust the cops with the full truth but what about Dona? Her daughter had been innocently dragged into this mess and her life ruined all because she looked almost identical to my daughter.

"Look what they've done to my daughter as a result. Whoever kidnapped our daughters and left my daughter in this condition is a monster and you know damn well that if we are ever going to capture him, you need to at least tell someone the truth." she spat out in desperation and anger and began breathing heavily.

"Dona, I'm so sorry. I honestly don't know who has my daughter and I'm sorry you and your daughter got involved. This all happened because Daniel and I got divorced. We were warned that if we got divorced our child would be taken away from us. We forgot about this and years later we got divorced. The sad thing about it is that the person who made the threat has been dead for about five years." I said crying.

I just could not comprehend who could have kidnapped Kyra and done this to Nadia and Lisa but the truth was, my beliefs were only based on theories. My main theory was that Derek had a son who wanted to fulfil his father's cruel wishes. But what if I was wrong? What if Derek had no sons? What if this had nothing to do with royalty which had been nonexistent for over two decades now.

Honestly, this was too much for me tithing about. I was mentally exhausted with this case. I just wanted my Kyra home. I wish I could be surprised right now with my baby girl in perfect health and condition coming back home to me now.