34. Something Just Like This

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Harold’s brows creased and he seemed to be lost in a deep thought.

‘What's the matter, Harry?’

‘Why were you and Papa fighting, mommy?’

‘Because..because….’  She then glared at him playfully. ‘Well, I won't tell you that.’

‘Why won't you tell me?’

‘Because...your papa wouldn't be quite pleased.’

‘Why wouldn't be pleased?’

‘It's his nature.’

‘Why can't he change his nature, Moma?’ He tapped his chin thoughtfully.

‘You know your father. He’s stubborn.’

‘And why is he stubborn?’

‘That you better ask your father.’

Harold jumped off her lap and ran out of the room not before shouting,

‘Moma, I need some water. I'll be back!’

Stuffing all of the chocolates in his pocket, Harold dragged his feet to the only place he would find his father - in his office. He banged the door twice but there was no answer. Dejected as he was, he was walking away when the door opened and tall figure of Mr. Ambrose stood in the doorway.

‘What do you want, Harold?’

He looked sheepishly at his father.

‘Papa, can I come in?’

‘No.’

‘Why, Papa?’

‘Because I'm working.’

‘Why are you working then?’

Mr. Ambrose replied calmly. He always did.

‘Because I have to earn money.’

‘Why do you have to earn money, Papa?’

‘So I can keep you and your mother happy.’

Harold just looked at his father for a while and then-

‘But I can't understand one thing, papa.’

‘Indeed?’

‘Yes. If you want to make me happy, then why won’t you let me in?’

Silence.

Of course, he would say that. After all, he was his little ifrit’s son. Though Mr. Ambrose may seem arrogant he never ever yelled at his kid unnecessarily. He was the calm parent because he knew the feeling when your father doesn't support you. He knew the importance of having a good and calm father. If he had that very thing, his teen years would have been much more easier. A flash if memory passed in his mind.

A ten year old, with a thin layer of clothing shivering in the frost. Starving….

Of course, he didn't want his child to live life as he did. He wanted to give him all of the happiness of world which he didn't get.

So, he took Harold in his hands and entered into his office.

Mr. Ambrose took seated on chair with Harold and began to read a file. He was so engrossed completely forgot the presence of little Harry.

‘I'm sorry, Papa.’

Mr. Ambrose’s head turn towards Harold with the speed of lightning as he looked at his son with a new amazement.

‘Indeed?’

‘Yes, Papa. I shouldn't have called you that bad name. If I knew it was a bad name, I wouldn't have said that. And I'm sorry from Moma too. I promise I won't say that ever in my life but please forgive her. She was sad when you went away. I don't wike it when momma’s sad.’

‘So, she sent you here?’

‘No, no she didn't. She said that why would she talk to you when you don't want to. Why aren't you talking, papa. I couldn't live-’

‘Harold! Where are you?’

Came her mother’s voice as she barged into the office with her hands on her waist. Harold sheepishly looked at his mother and then put his hands in his pocket taking out some chocolates.

‘Papa, want some?’ He then turned towards his mother, ‘I came here to give papa some chocolates.’

He then jumped out off Mr. Ambrose’s lap and started to run out of the room. But before he turned and smiled at his mother.

‘Oh yes Mama, Papa has something to tell you.’

He grinned at Mr. Ambrose and ran away.

Mr. Ambrose shook his head as he looked at the retreating figure of his son while Lilly did the same with a smile on her face. Of course, their son was the best thing happened to them. Though he was small, he was peacemaker. He didn’t like fights especially fight between his parents.

‘What did he say to you, Rick?’

Lilly looked at Rikkard while his lips curved up slightly.

‘Perhaps, convincing me to talk to you.’

Mr. Ambrose stood up and started taking strides towards his wife. Lilly did nothing but looked into his sea blue eyes which was so inviting that she didn't plan to look away. Maybe it was enchantment of his eyes or maybe she had lost her mind seeing his handsome face as she started speaking.

‘I'm sorry, Rick. I shouldn't have told you “bastard” in front of our kid.’

She just looked at him for two second and burst out laughing, with Mr Ambrose chuckling with her.

‘Well, I couldn't blame you for calling me that.’ He said as he held her closer to him, his hand resting on the small of her back.

She looked into his deep eyes with all seriousness. ‘On a sincere note, I really shouldn't have said that in front of Harry.’

He ran his hand up and down her back now.

‘I think he's more mature and smarter than you give him credit for.’

‘As much as I love arguing with you, I wouldn't disagree with you on that.’

Mr. Ambrose could control no more. He couldn't be angry on his ifrit for long. Especially, when she was apologizing to him and looking at him that way. He rested his forehead on hers and enclosed his arms around her waist.

‘I'm sorry too. Indeed, it's your money. You've every right to do whatever you want.’

And with that, he closer the remaining distance between them sealing it with their lips.

                                                          __

Don't you just love behaved kids so much? They're so much better than kids who know nothing better than throwing a tantrum.

And a second update in a row yayyy

Also I realized that Mr Ambrose's dogs actually have a name that had been mentioned in BTS (haha shoutout army) . Thanks for all of you that pointed it out. My bad. X

Also I CAN'T WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY! GOD SIR ROB LOVES LEAVING US ON CLIFFHANGERS! THAT SADIST!

ALSO GUYS, THERE'S CURRENTLY AN EVENT ON RADISH WHERE YOU GET 5 COINS. DON'T MISS IT GUYS. CREATE NEW ACCOUNTS FOR EXTRA 3 COINS. YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THE LATEST RADISH CHAPTERS, TRUST ME.

Anyways, enough of my ranting. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

Have a great dayyy,

Love,

Mariya.