mixtapes | stiles

It was the beginning of senior year when you'd started receiving mysterious tapes in your locker. At first you thought nothing of it until you decided to play them one day and to your surprise you heard a familiar voice on them.

"So... I guess I decided to make these for the pretty girl that sits in front of me in class and show her how I feel by showing her my favourite songs and hopefully she'll like them just as much." The voice spoke and she realised that the voice belonged to Stiles Stilinski. The cute boy, messy-brown haired boy that sat behind her in most of her classes.

She started playing them in the school parking lot one day after school and she didn't notice just how loud she was playing them.

Stiles didn't think she'd actually listen to them, she'd probably think he was weird for making a girl he didn't know mix tapes but he thought it was a good idea.

He walked past her car on the way to his jeep and heard the familiar melody of his favourite song that he'd put on his first mixtape that he'd given to her months ago.

She's only just decided to listen to them? Was his first thought, he guessed she hadn't listened to them as she didn't acknowledge him at all even after he poured her heart out to her on the tapes.

The next day in school went as normal, despite the butterflies filling Stiles' stomach as he walked to his last class, the one you both shared together.

He sat down before you, watching the door as he waited for you to enter. You caught his gaze and felt a blush creep onto your cheeks, you'd listened to the rest of his tapes that night and you felt like you knew everything about this boy yet he barely knew you.

You sat down in your normal seat despite the empty seat next to Stiles, his heart sunk as you didn't say anything about the tapes.

It wasn't that you didn't want to talk to him, you desperately wanted to but you wanted to do it right.

After class you headed back to your car and inserted your favourite tape and listened to it on the way to the store, you brought a pack of tapes and a microphone.

Once you'd gotten home you headed straight to your room and closed your bedroom door, immediately setting up the equipment and sitting down at your desk.

"This is for the boy that's been making me mix tapes for months, I'm sorry for not listening to them for so long... now I seem to know more about you than you do me... so I hope you enjoy my favourite songs, and maybe one day we can have a real conversation like normal people..." you stopped the tape and began transferring your favourite songs onto them.

The next day you headed to school early so you could leave the tape on Stiles' desk in your first lesson. You sat and waited patiently for him, watching the door until he came bounding in with his best friend, Scott.

When he got to his desk he stopped and looked at the tape and then at you, he smiled goofily as he sat down, picking up the tape and turning it over in his hands, seeing your hand writing scrawled on it, 'Mixtape, Vol 1 - Stiles'.

He couldn't help but feel his heart beat slightly faster at the thought of you taking the time to make him a mixtape. He immediately shoved it into his backpack so he could listen to it later.

Throughout the whole lesson Stiles kept glancing at the clock and tapping his pen against his desk. Normally it would annoy you but you tried to ignore it just this once.

As soon as the bell rang you watched as Stiles ran out of the classroom and outside to his jeep, bringing a smile to your face.

Stiles didn't have a lesson so he spent the hour sat in his jeep listening to all of the songs you'd put on the tape. As soon as your voice started playing at the beginning of the tape goosebumps covered his skin as he loved the sound of your voice.

Luckily, you also had a free period so you waited until you knew he'd finish the tape and you headed out towards his jeep, Stiles was already replaying it when you knocked on his window causing him to nearly jump out of his jeep.

"Geez, Scott! You can't scare people like that!" He yelled before looking over towards you, "oh, you're not Scott, sorry, y/n." He smiled sheepishly.

You opened the door to his jeep and climbed inside, "so..." you looked at him expectantly then at the mixtape that was sticking out of his tape player in his jeep.

"Oh!" His lips curved into an adorable lopsided smile, "you have an amazing music taste, I love it."

"Well, I guess I still have a lot of catching up to do... you have given me a lot of mix tapes after all." You laughed, Stiles couldn't take his eyes off of you as you laughed. He thought it was the most beautiful sound in the world.

You noticed him staring and you stopped laughing, "what?" You smiled.

"Nothing... you have a cute laugh." He chuckled.

"Thanks." You replied, feeling your cheeks burn slightly again as he continued to stare at you.

"So... did you like my tapes? It's not too weird, right?" He asked, suddenly becoming nervous as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Not weird... just different." You smiled reassuringly.

"Is that a good thing?" He asked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

You nodded, "yes, Stiles, it's a good thing," you reached out and took hold of his hand that was resting in between the two front seats, "and I actually loved the tapes, I can't stop listening to them."

A grin spread across Stiles' lips, "good... I was starting to think you'd never listen to them, I mean it was pretty weird but I liked the idea and-" he started rambling until you cut him off by leaning towards him and pressing your lips against his.

"Mmph!" He mumbled before kissing you back, he brought his hand up towards your cheek and placed it on your cheek gently. When you pulled away he rubbed his thumb over your cheek slowly, he blushed slightly.

You smiled, "I happen to love the idea, Stiles, and I hope you continue making them."

"For you, I will." He grinned before leaning back towards you and kissing you softly.

***