mitch when...

mitch when he emerged from the ocean after capturing your engagement on his phone, "yep that's right folks! i'm engaged to that beauty right there!" he grinned as he jogged up the beach

he was on his way to grab some celebratory drinks when you followed him, deciding to leave the water.

you grabbed a seat next to him at the bar and he looked over at you, his face lighting up in a smile, "i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, y/n."

"and i can't wait to spend the rest of mine with you, mitch." you smiled.

as the bar man served your drinks, gun shots rang out in the distance.

you looked around panicked, then mitch grabbed your arm, "hurry!"

he dragged you behind him, struggling to run behind him.

he wasn't going to let anything happen to you, he stopped and gestured for you to jump onto his back- he ran as fast as he could away from the beach.

cries of others echoed behind you both as he ran, you gripped onto him tightly.

he found a sheltered area far away from the beach, letting you down and holding you close to him.

"it's okay, we're okay..." he said as he stroked your hair comfortingly, he hated feeling so weak and powerless against the people on the beach. he made a promise to himself then and there that he would do everything he could to be able to protect you from anything.

***

obviously i wasn't going to copy what happened in the movie bc it's too sad :(