My Cheesy Valentine (Jessie POV)

Jessie,

I’m going to take a risk of being really cheesy right now and I just ask that you don’t laugh at me.

We’ve known each other for about six months and yet we’ve been through so much together. I know how hard it was for you to really trust someone again and I’m glad that you took that chance on me. You’re one of the greatest people I know and I couldn’t think of a better person to have as my best friend. And now, after everything, I can say that I am dating the most beautiful and amazing girl anyone could ever find.

I know you’ve been trying to believe in yourself more and I’m happy for you. But I still feel like you don’t really grasp how beautiful and amazing you are. And you’re probably wondering right now why I keep repeating those words, but I can’t help it. Whenever I try to describe you, those are the first words to pop in my head. You smile and I think beautiful. You laugh, I think beautiful. Even as weird as it may sound, if you cry, I think beautiful. And I think beautiful when you cry because to me, you could never be anything but that.

I remember when I first started hanging out with you, my mom asked what you were like and automatically I said amazing. I wanted to say that you were fun and funny, that you were a little shy and awkward sometimes, but in a cute way. I wanted to say that you seemed like you were trying to distance yourself sometimes but then you would smile suddenly and it was like you forgot whatever you were afraid of. And I wanted to say that sometimes you did things that drove me crazy, but no matter what I couldn’t stay mad at you. So when she asked me that, the one word that seemed to sum all of that, and so much more, up was amazing.

So my beautiful and amazing valentine, I have written this very cheesy letter from the very cheesy depths of my heart. I hope you didn’t laugh at it and if you did, then great because I love the sound of your laugh too.

Your Cheesy Valentine,

Carlos

P.S. Look behind you.

From beginning to end, I couldn’t help but smile at Carlos’ letter. While he continued to call it cheesy, I failed to see just what was so cheesy about it. No one had ever understood me as completely as he did or taken the time to even write what they liked about me in a letter. Coming to the last line of the letter, I got a sudden nervous feeling as I turned.

“Hey beautiful,” Carlos smiled at me. “So how chees-” He didn’t get to finish his question because I suddenly jumped at him and kissed him. Caught off guard, it only took him a few seconds before he reacted and wrapped his arms around me. “Well, guess I should write cheesy letters more often, huh?” His smile was almost electric as he looked at me. All I could think to do was smile back at him in response.

Carlos moved to kiss me again and the little girl a few swings away said “Eww!” Carlos and I both laughed before he pulled me away from the swings and out of the park.