Chapter 13: Back In Good Graces

Victoria and Levi had chosen to go out of town for the weekend to visit some of his relatives, so Melanie was once again finally home alone.  It seemed to be one of her better days.  She had been getting plenty of rest and even had managed to do a bit of cleaning in her room, which she had somehow let become horribly messy but she didn't have the energy to clean it.  As she was finishing putting away a few of her last items she heard the sound of the doorbell.  Melanie narrowed her eyes as she wasn't expecting any company.  However, she had a good idea on who it would be.  Though she wasn't sure why he would be stopping by since they haven't spoken to each other in two months, since her incident to be exact.  She slowly opened the door to see Anthony standing in front of her.  She bit her lip momentarily not quite sure what to say.  Feeling slightly awkward with not having seen him for so long.  She gave a small smile.  "Uh..  Hi.."

Anthony once again had missed hanging out, talking with Melanie.  So he had come over in hopes that she would be willing to maybe mend a few things.  As she opened the door, he glanced at her giving a small smile back in return.  "Melanie hey.  I don't suppose you have a few minutes?"  Anthony was well aware of Victoria and Levi being gone.  He had hoped that he could take that as an opportunity to try and work some more with Melanie.  Melanie stayed quiet a moment longer hearing his question.  She didn't want to say yes, and have them get close again only for everything to come crashing down like last time.  Why was he keeping on coming back when he knows what the outcome will be every time?  She thought.  Melanie had been busy indoors with helping Victoria and Levi on a few things.  She was ready to be out again.  And since it was December, she was sure that with the snow starting to come, it wouldn't be long before she would be stuck in the house for awhile during the winter months.  But Melanie just wasn't sure if she wanted to be out with Anthony.  However, for some reason, she couldn't say no.  "Um..  Yeah sure..  Just..  Give me a few minutes to get ready."  She glanced down at what she was wearing.  She was wearing a raggedy old plain white t shirt while she had been cleaning with some black sweatpants.  Her hair was up in a messy bun.  Anthony glanced her up and down a moment studying her, giving a small smirk.  "I would say there is nothing wrong with the way you look."  Melanie rolled her eyes.  "Don't start."  She mumbled.  Anthony let out a small laugh.  "Well it is true."  Melanie didn't say anything as she stepped aside so he could come in.  "I'm still changing.  You can come in and sit down if you want while you wait."

Melanie watched as Anthony headed to the couch to sit down, before making her way into the bedroom, closing the door behind her.  She leaned her back against the door and closed her eyes.  Why did I say yes?  You should've told him no!  She scolded herself.  But you need to get out.  And don't tell me you haven't missed him!  She flung her eyes open hearing her other half arguing.  Perhaps it may have been right on a small level.  She did miss visiting with him.  But she couldn't be with him, and he made it clear last time he no longer wanted to be with her.  That's because he doesn't know you care for him in return.  He doesn't know you love him!  Her other side chimed in.  Melanie scowled at her inner voice.  "I don't love him!"  She said louder than she intended.  Remembering he was just out in the living room, she slapped her hand to her mouth to cover it, to keep her from saying anything else out loud.  Yes you do.  You both do or neither of you would be back here again.  You wouldn't keep coming back to each other.  You would've told him to leave if you really wanted him to go.  That's not true!  Besides, he's the one that keeps coming back to me.  I'm not the one who runs to him.  She reasoned with herself.  Melanie shook her head as she heard the voices in her mind.   "Stop it!  Alright stop it!  Get out of my head!"  She yelled at the voices in her mind.  Covering her ears with her hand in hopes it would mute them.  Forgetting momentarily she wasn't alone.  Melanie had just wandered over to her closet to find an outfit, hoping it would be a distraction, when she heard a knock at the door.  "Mel?"  She jumped not expecting him to be at her bedroom door.  Oh no, he heard me talking to myself, now he probably thinks I'm crazy.  Please don't tell me he heard me say out loud that I could possibly love him!  She pleaded to herself.  "Yes?"  She asked as she finally managed to find a decent outfit.  "Are you okay in there?"  She rolled her eyes.  "I'm just peachy."  She said in a slightly sarcastic way as she began to get changed.  "I heard you talking to yourself."  "I'm not talking to myself you were hearing things."  Melanie smirked at her words.  She grabbed her shoes then went to open the door to see him standing there with his arms crossed across his chest staring at her.  Anthony was tempted to say something.  He had heard the exact words she had said.  That she possibly loved him.  But he knew she would just deny them if he asked, so he just let it be for now.