Chapter 15: Move In Day

"Melanie, you know you really wouldn't of had to find a new place to stay."  Victoria said.  It was now the beginning of March.  About three months had passed since Anthony and Melanie had discussed the topic of her coming to live with him.  It took about till February for Melanie to finally decide, the second week of February was when she had finally started packing after they had decided to work with the arrangement.  Since then, Victoria had been trying to get Melanie to stay.  Melanie let out a small sigh.  "Yes I did Vic.  I mean.  It's only a two bedroom house.  There wouldn't be any room for both me and my godchild."  Victoria shook her head.  "We would've put the crib in our room."  Melanie raised her eye.  "But you couldn't stay like that forever.  What about for when they're older?  If you keep me you'd have to get a new house with more rooms.  I couldn't ask you to go through all of that trouble just to get me to stay.  Besides, we all knew this would only be temporary to begin with right?  Until I could get back on my feet again.  I have been considering this for a little while now.  Anthony is willing to help me."  Melanie stated the last part slowly.  She still wasn't sure about him helping her so much.  Victoria let out a small sigh.  "I will miss you."  Victoria said hugging Melanie as best she could.  Melanie chuckled a bit returning the hug.  "I'm just moving across town Vic.  Into Anthony's apartment until I figure something out.  When I do, it won't be that far away, maybe just a few towns down or so.  I can still come visit if I wanted to.  It's not like I'm moving across the country."  Victoria nodded.  "I know, but it will be different when you're not living here.  I enjoyed having you as a roommate.  Even if it wasn't under..  Very good circumstances."

Melanie took a deep breath.  "No..  But I am glad that you and Levi have been there for me.  To help me.  And once again, I haven't really thanked you guys very well.  But I should have.  I should have told you about everything else that had come with the accident.  But I didn't want you two to worry about me more than what you already had."  Melanie began to ramble.  Victoria nodded.  "I am sure if roles were reversed you and Paul would've done the same."  She said quietly.  Melanie smiled at the mention of his name.  Right after the accident, she hated hearing the name, but now things seemed to be getting better.  Victoria slowly pulled back from the hug to glance at Melanie.  "Did you need any help packing?"  She asked.  Melanie shook her head.  "Thank you but no.  I think I managed to get everything in the boxes.  Don't worry I didn't do too much lifting.  I left the boxes on the floor for the men to take.  Anthony said after work he and Levi would help load the boxes to the cars."  Victoria nodded.  "Well.  Since we have a few hours to kill, how about us two girls do something for your last night here?"  Melanie smiled back in return.  "How about like last time?  Order some food and watch a movie classic?"  Victoria grinned.  "I think that sounds like a good idea.  What should we do for dinner this time?"  Melanie tilted her head thinking.  "How about pizza?"  Victoria nodded in agreement, going to get the pizza ordered while she had Melanie pick out the movie.

Melanie glanced over at Victoria noticing that during the movie she had drifted off to sleep.  She gave a small smile grabbing one of the blankets hanging over the couch, covering her up.  Once she finished with eating some of the pizza, she cleaned up the mess and quietly sat back down in her spot on the couch next to Victoria, so she wouldn't wake her.

"Hello?  Mel?  Vic?"  Melanie turned her head as she heard Levi's voice.  She got up and made her way into the kitchen to greet him with a small smile.  "Levi hey.."  Levi gave her a small smile in return, glad to see she seemed to be in a good mood.  "Mel, where's Victoria?"  "She fell asleep.  We decided to order some pizza and watch a movie while we waited for you two."  Levi nodded.  "Don't suppose there isn't any pieces left?"  Melanie chuckled.  "There's enough left for you and Tony if you two wanted anything before we took the stuff over to his place."  Levi nodded heading towards the fridge to get the pieces of pizza heated up.  "Anthony should be here soon.  He had a last minute thing at work he needed to get done."  Melanie nodded going over to sit down on one of the kitchen chairs.  "You can go back to watching your movie.  You don't have to stay out here and keep me company."  "I don't mind at all.  It's a movie we have seen a million times.  Besides, Vic is asleep."  Levi grabbed his plate from the microwave and sat down across from Melanie.