Chapter 61: Monster

Sasuke

Well... I'm kinda wishing I never left the arena alone. I'm alone with him...with Gaara.

I can't stop trembling.  That eye on Gaara's right side of his face.  I saw it in the arena earlier.

He really is a monster.

I can't believe that every part of my body that once wanted to fight him wants to run and hide from him.

He screamed and roared quickly coming towards me.  He was so fast now. 

I jumped out of harms way before he hit me.  For the guy who never moved but let all his sand do the work, I don't know what to expect from him anymore.

I hid behind a tree awaiting for his next move.

"DO YOU FEAR ME?!  SASUKE UCHIHA?!"

I do, but I'll keep that to myself.

"DO YOU FEAR MY EXISTENCE?!"

"WELL WHAT'S THE MATTER SASUKE?!  ARE YOU AFRAID OF ME?!" He kept screaming.

I blocked out his screams and started to do hand signs. 

I'm alive today...

So he wouldn't be tormented by the guilt of annihilating the entire clan.

Big brother Itachi chose me as his avenger as the one who'll eventually destroy him!

I jumped from behind the tree I was hiding and cane towards Gaara with my Chidori, he came towards me with his monstrous arm.

We both screamed at each other.  I cut through his arm with my chidori and he screamed in pain.

We both landed and Gaara started to laugh.

I'm pretty sure what I did didn't tickle.

"SO THAT'S WHAT THAT WAS!  I JUST REALIZED WHY I AM ENJOYING MYSELF SO MUCH!  If I CAN DEFEAT ONE STRONG ENOUGH TO WOUND ME, ROB HIM OF ALL THAT HE IS, I'LL FEEL MORE ALIVE THAN EVER!"

Laughing does not suit him.

"HA HA!  MORE!  I WANT MORE!" A tail appeared..and his arm recovered.

What is he really?  It's just one after the other!

"READY FOR ME?"  He launched himself from the tree trunk towards me.

I used my Sharingan to watch and detect his moves.  He's so fast, it's ridiculous.  Without my Sharingan, I would've died.

I jumped to a next tree as he attacked and stood under the large branch.

I can't do Chidori anymore.  Two was my limit.  I have to do fire style.

"FIRE STYLE!  FIREBALL JUTSU!" I blew fire but Gaara was immune to it and was still coming straight at me.

Dammit...  Why won't my feet move..?

Mayumi

"SASUKE!"  I yelled as I quickly grabbed him getting him out of the way.

We both tumbled down to the ground but at least he wasn't hurt.

"We have to get out of here.." I slowly kneeled by him.  He looked at me surprised and he calmed down a bit.

"No.. I have to finish this."  Sasuke slowly stood up.

"No!  You don't know who you are dealing with!  If one of us has to stop him, it'll be me!  When I look at him I see me..." I stated and Sasuke's eyes widened but slowly closed as if he was accepting something.

"Mayumi...  I'll break all your limbs if you get in my way."

"You idiot!  He'll break all your limbs if you stay in my way!" I yelled.

I felt an arm grab my waist pulling me back and away from Sasuke.  He tried to reach out to me but it was too late.

"SHE'S MINE!!!" Gaara screamed holding me in his tiny arm jumping into a tall tree.

"I WONT LET HIM HAVE YOU!"

Gaara held me so tight like he was literally making it impossible for me to move...and almost breathe.

"Gaara... Please.." I said weakly.

"NO! YOU ARE MINE! HE WONT TAKE WHAT I HAVE LEFT!" Gaara screamed at me and my eyes widened.

What...no...

"LET HER GO!" Sasuke yelled as he did hand signs.

He looked like he was already as his limit. He needs to stop before he hurts himself.

"Gaara, stop this." I stated.

"I won't let you have her.." Sasuke growled and I sucked in a sharp breath.

"IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, NO ONE CAN!" Gaara yelled swinging me, and throwing me away.

"YOU IDIOT SHE'LL DIE FROM THAT FALL!" Sasuke yelled as I fell.

Is this how it ends?

"MAYUMI!!!!" Sasuke yelled.

Sasuke

I ran..
I tried...
...And I didn't make it in time.

I looked at her body as I shook in pain and anger. Blood left her lips and her body looked, broken.

"Hey... Wake up.." I kneeled down afraid to touch her body.

"Hey loser! Wake up!" I screamed. I reached out to touch her body but slowly contracted. I would make it worse.

I stared at her chest as it didn't move.

"Mayumi... Please... I can't lose you!" My voice cracked.

She...
..was...
gone...