Chapter 40: The Preliminary Exam (Part 4)

Neji

I'm up and I'm against Hinata.  I can see the fear in her eyes.

She should fear me.  After Natsumi's match and what she said, I'm even more angry.  I affected her life as a Shinobi because of the way I acted.  My hatred?

What makes it even worse for Hinata, my hatred is towards the main household and she unluckily a part of it.

Gaara

Hm... They have the same eyes of the girl that versed Mika. That guy is that girl's brother.

"Gaara, I forgot to say.  Mika told me to tell you, good luck."  Temari spoke nervously to me.

"Luck?  I don't need her luck."  I replied sending Temari a glare making her shiver in fear. 

"*cough* Now begin the match!"

Mika's the only person who I actually treat well and allow to talk to me.  The only person's words I accept.

Am I changing the way I treat Mika..?  If I am is it because of...Mayumi..?

I clutched my head grunting in pain.  Her name brought confusion and pain.

Minako

Is Neji really going to get so low to the point he's going to verse poor little Hinata?  This must be some joke.

I'd expect Neji to get some actual competition.  Like maybe me, that Gaara guy, that guy from the sound, or the girl, or that other guy from the leaf, or maybe even Lee.  But he has to verse one of the weakest.  I actually kinda wanna verse Mayumi.  Crushing her in front of my father and making the clan proud.  Win-Win situation.  If not her, I just hope I don't verse Choji.

"Before we begin the fight, I'd like to say something Hinata.." Neji started bringing fear to Hinata.

"You do not make a good Shinobi..  Forfeit now!"  Neji said and I smirked.  At least he's giving her a chance to live and protecting his pride.

"Poor Hinata.  She's shivering so much, she looks like she'll pee herself."  I sighed.

"Minako, that's not the way we speak of fellow comrades." Gai Sensei said to me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It won't matter. If that girl fights Neji, she'll die. She forfeits, she'll be a nobody, a mere disappointment." I stated and again shook his head.

"Minako, maybe you should think about yourself. Look at who you have left and your father's watching. You'll be a nobody in his eyes if you lose." Gai Sensei said to me and I laughed.

"Me?  Lose?"  Gai Sensei clearly doesn't know me.

I paid my attention back to Neji and Hinata.  Neji activated his Byakugan and it looks like Hinata's about to cry.

"Aww...  Baby Hinata.." I laughed.

"SHUT UP!"  My eyes widened seeing the nine tail brat yelling at me.

"Excuse me?"

"HINATA!!!  DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!  YOU CAN CHANGE!!!"  He yelled at Hinata and her attitude changed. 

"AND YOU!!  STOP DECIDING THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE IDIOT!!  KICK THAT BASTARD'S ASS HINATA!!"  He yelled at Neji and the look on Hinata's face changed.  She calmed down and looked like she was ready to fight.

"Hm..  So you won't forfeit.  I'm not responsible for what happens."  Neji stated annoyed.

"I...I no longer want to run away!  Byakugan!"  Hinata said activating her Byakugan.

I'm surprised.  That kid spoke and changed Hinata completely.

She did the same stance that Neji had.

"So she knows it too..  Just like his sister as well..". I smirked referring to the Gentle Fist.

Neji got into the stance.

Hinata was for sure gonna lose...but Hyuuga vs Hyuuga will sure be interesting to watch.

***

Mayumi

Hinata lost to Neji.

I didn't know her that well but I could tell she didn't want to lose.  She proved herself to everyone.  I hope I have the strength to do that in front of my father. The people who are left are pretty intimidating. Gaara, Lee, the mummy guy from the sound, the creepy female from the sound, Minako, another leaf Ninja, and Choji.

The eleventh match was the creepy girl from the sound. Compared to the one Shikamaru versed, she sure was creepier. The guy from the leaf, lost once she opened her mouth. She emitted a horrific sound from here mouth immediately stunning the man.

The only people that were left were Gaara, Lee, Minako, Choji, and the creepy guy from the sound...

"Mayumi..  You have competition..." Sakura said and I sighed.

"I'm hoping I can pull through."

"You will!"  Naruto yelled and I smiled.

I was afraid of what Gaara was capable of.  I looked towards him and he immediately stared in my direction.  He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion staring at me. 

"Why are you looking at me that way?"  I listened to Gaara's thoughts.

Yeah!  Stop looking at him!

I quickly turned away.  The next match was about to be announced.

The twelfth match...
GAARA VS ROCK LEE