Chapter 60: Revealed

Sakura

Hell just broke loose. I kind of wish I just fell under the Genjustu rather than releasing it.

There is so much blood, bodies, and well...blood everywhere.

"Sakura." Kakashi called out to me. I watched his back. "This is the first mission you've had in quite awhile. Naruto will be happy." Kakashi spoke as all the commotion around continued.

"What kind of mission?" I asked.

"Listen carefully. For the first time ever since the land of waves mission an A class mission."

WHAT? But me...an A class mission. I'm not up to standards.

"Sensei.. In a situation like this, what kind of A rank mission?!" I questioned covering my head with my hand like it'd do something. I looked up to see a Kunai coming towards me.

My eyes widened, but then it was quickly averted by Haru who landed right beside me.

"Haru!" I yelled.

"I'm right beside you. No need to yell." Haru replied wincing.

"HEY! YOU TWO! LISTEN UP! Sasuke is in pursuit of Gaara and the others from the sand." Karachi stated. Well, now I know where he is.

WAIT. DID HE REALLY GO ALONE?

"Sakura and Haru. You are to nullify the Genjutsu on Shikamaru and Naruto and track down Sasuke. I'm dividing you into two. Haru, you'll find Mayumi, and meet up with Naruto, Shikamaru, Sakura, aaaaannddddd...." Kakashi summoned a dog. "Pakkun... He'll track down Sasuke's scent." Kakashi stated.

"Wait, this little doggy will help us find Sasuke?" I questioned and Pakkun jumped to my face.

"Hey missy! Don't call me a cute little doggy!" Pakkun furrowed his eyebrows.

...But when did I call you cute?

"Sakura! Pakkun! Let's go!" Haru stated and we sneaked our way towards Shikamaru and Naruto.

I saw Naruto first, and released the Genjutsu on him.

"Huh... What happened Sakura?" Naruto slowly stood up.

"Get down!" I yelled. "I'll tell you later."

I looked at Haru, who looked at Shikamaru, then me, and then Shikamaru and shook his head.

I looked at Shikamaru and slowly furrowed my eyebrows. "Shikamaru from the very beginning," Pakkun bit Shikamaru. "You were able to deflect the Genjutsu too!!" I yelled and Shikamaru screamed in pain.

~ ~ ~

Mayumi

I have to go back.  I need to go protect my comrades.

"Mayumi.  I hate to rain on your parade but I think you should get to a safe place."  Ren stated and I gave him a confused look.

"My comrades need me."  I stated.

"There are Jounins and Anbu to protect them.  You have no one, but yourself and somewhat me."  Ren spoke referring to himself being sick.

"Ren...  I'm needed.  I know it.  I have some time until...he comes back.  Let me use it wisely."  I stated.

Haru appeared before Ren and I.  "Mayumi, we gotta go.  We've been assigned an A rank mission."  Haru stated.

"What?  Why?"

"Sasuke went after Gaara and the other three sand shinobi.  Kakashi wants us to get him and all go to a safe place.  That Gaara kid isn't normal."  Haru spoke with pain in his face.