Chapter 35: The Chunnin Exam - The Forest of Death (Part 7)

Mayumi

The mark Sasuke had on his neck spread to the rest of his body.  He looked demonic.  This wasn't him.

"Sasuke...  Your body..." Sakura spoke as he got up admiring himself.

"Don't worry.  Not only that I feel power overflowing from within me.  I feel great..." Sasuke said.  What ever was all over his body looked demonic and he was okay with it.  He was happy about it. 

"He gave it to me."

"Huh?"  Sakura questioned.

"I finally understand it.  I am an avenger.  Even if I must eat the devil's fruit.  I am on a path where I must gain power."  Sasuke stated. 

"If you eat the devil's fruit, it will later come at you as a punch in the face."  I said and Sasuke turned to me gritted his teeth.  This Orochimaru guy, my father told me about him.  He was one of the 4 Hidden Leaf's legendary Yonnin.

"Now it was you guys right?" Sasuke said angrily.

Hmm... He reminds me of a certain someone...

No.

Come on Mayumi. We all know it's impossible to get rid of me.

You tried to take over my body.

I did take over your body.  You were being a chicken because of the Gaara guy.  I had to make you look like a threat.

I don't care about how people see me anymore.  If I'm gonna be a threat, they'll see it on the battlefield.

Well they know about your gold style and me.  You have nothing else to show.

They barely seen my gold style, plus they don't know the power of these eyes just yet.

Ooohhh. So you are willing to use the power of these eyes to win?

I didn't say that.

You were implying it.

"AGHHH!" I was brought back to reality. Sasuke snapped one of the sound ninjas arms.

"This isn't right." I looked at Sasuke who stored terror on everyone's face.

Sakura got up and hugged Sasuke from behind.
"STOP!!!" She yelled tearing up. My eyes widened. The easily frightened Sakura was now, standing up trying to stop Sasuke in his monster state.

"Please...Stop..." She begged.

Sasuke returned back to normal. I smiled a bit. Sakura, you did it. There relationship was uniquely strange. I could tell Sasuke cared about her. It was weird he was always trying to protect me and care when I wasn't sure about how I really felt. He had his person right there.

The sound ninja gave us their scroll and retreated.

Everyone who watched the fight from a far, and close all came together. It felt kind of weird.

I looked at the body sitting up in the distance. I quickly went to it and he looked at me and smirked.

"So this is the power of the so called Sasuke Uchiha..."

"You're Sakura's twin brother?"  I asked and he nodded.

"I'm disappointed in myself. I couldn't protect my own twin. But that annoying Uchiha did." His smirk quickly turned into a frustrated one.

"Mayumi Suzuki.  When I first saw you, I thought you'd die right away, but it looks like you actually put up a good fight and still came and punched one of the sound Ninja in the face with confidence."  He said and I smiled.

"Natsumi?  Get up!"  Shikamaru shook his teammate as Neji stood aside.  Neji went on his knees and looked at his sister's face.

"I should've killed that bastard."  Neji growled. 

"I'm fine."  Natsumi stood up quickly and Neji looked at her confused.

"What?"

"It hurt like hell at first, but I slowly recovered."

"Then why the hell did you stay on the floor?!" Neji looked confused.

"Because it was fun to see how'd you act. I feel touched you care. You actually got on your knees for me." Natsumi smiled at her brother while he growled.

Neji got up. "TenTen! Get Lee!"

We turned to see Ten Ten shaking and screaming at Lee to wake up.

Naruto was slowly awakening.

It looked like everything would be fine...for now.

"Naruto, Sakura, and Mayumi... From now on, our minds are on getting that scroll." Sasuke said and I nodded smirking.

I was getting use to my face being like this, heh..

*

Gaara

"Well that was easy and quick." Kankuro said stretching.

"Yeah. That must be a new record or something." Temari commented.

It's all because I was willing to make it rain blood.

"Gaara, you shouldn't have interrupted the fight when you had. She'd be dead." Mika spoke to me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You were wasting time on a loser." I crossed my arms telling her flatly.

Mika started to laugh like crazy. "Loser, huh? I seen the way you looked at her. You pity her. You dropped to your knees and started to freak out. That's all because you two have a similar sappy story. So what? Gaara I was your first friend. When people ran from you, I stood there. This little blonde baby pops up and you are weak to your knees. Gaara, I thought I was your soft spot. That's why you were fine with the fact your father promised you a future with me."

"Weak to my knees?" I said looking at my hands. She makes me weak..?

I can't have a weakness.

Mika smirked as if she could read my mind.

If there's a weakness, I eliminate it.