Chapter 52: The Day of the Finals

Mayumi

I learned a lightning style jutsu the other day but it won't matter if I can't beat the sound ninja girl.

I was on my way to the arena. I can't believe this was really happening. Everyone would see me fight.. How much I've progressed.

You will still be known as a curse to everyone.

Things will be different after I fight in that arena.

I stood outside of it. Just looking at it. I was really nervous. But I know I could do it.

"Ready Kiddo?" One of the Jounin's smirked at me.

I nodded nervously, "Yes."

I was greeted with the roars from the crowd. My heart was pounding extremely fast. They were up in the stands.

"Just on time." Shikamaru smirked at me. I looked on the ground level. All of the competitors.

Haru..
If he's here, Sakura is probably up there. He looks ready to fight. Well his fight from a month ago, Kabuto forfeited the match. He must be hungry.

Shino...
I don't know about him. He just seems the same 24/7.

Kankuro...
The face paint he has is pretty creepy in my opinion. He's Gaara's older brother, yet for some reason, they fear him so much. Gaara's body is way smaller than his own too. Is it because of the sand? No.. Why would the sand cause so much fear in a human being? He might as well be afraid of everyone else's Jutsu..

Temari...
Gaara's older sister.. She fears him too. Maybe it's something her and Kankuro know about him? Well I have other things to focus on. She's gorgeous and seems pretty confident in herself in every situation which makes her interesting in my opinion.

Shikamaru...
Been placed against a girl as his opponent before which really enraged him. He's probably hoping the past doesn't repeat itself. He is so lazy and I could see the exhaustion in his eyes. He looks like he wouldn't mind sitting down and sleeping in the middle of this arena.

Neji...
He's been born with amazing and beautiful eyes. He must be one of the strongest here. He can see chakra points and affect the flow of chakra in his opponents body? Naruto's in for one heck of a fight.

Mika...
I'll beat her. That's all I have to say.

Creepy Sound Ninja Girl...
I'll beat her too.  One way or another.  She looks uneasy today, I wonder why..

Gaara...
I looked Gaara straight in his eyes.  Our last encounter, he almost killed me. Did I admit my feelings towards him? I think I did.. I can see it in his eyes that he still stared at me with confusion. He really doesn't know what feeling towards someone is? I barely know it, but.. I guess that Ren has taught me a lot. Ren... Please don't die. Please be okay...

We were missing people.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Dosu.

"Maybe Naruto being late is understandable, but Sasuke?" I spoke with curiosity in my voice.

"I know right.  But at least your first opponent is here.  Dosu's mine."  Shikamaru sighed.  "I just want to get this over with."

"Be more confident.  Many people would kill to be where you are."  I said and Shikamaru smirked.

"I guess."

Not more than a minute later, Naruto flew threw the door past me and tumbled on the ground before coming to an ultimate stop.

"Well that just leaves Sasuke and Dosu."  I stated.

"BULLS!  THEY ARE COMING!"  Naruto got up screaming.

"Shut up, what bulls?"  Shikamaru questioned and Naruto turned to see that nothing was behind him.  He raised an eyebrow but then he slowly realized he was in the arena with screaming fans.

"Wait.. Where's Sasuke?"  Naruto questioned and no one was able to answer.

"Hey!  Stop looking around.  Face the customers.." The Jounin told us as we all stared at the crowd.  We were about to get started..

I hope Sasuke is okay.