Chapter 13: The Voices in my Head

Kakashi

I kept my eyes on Mayumi. I don't like the fact she's on this mission when she's sick. She just became a Genin and this mission seemed dangerous for them.

I have to have my eyes on everyone, and on her specifically. Especially those eyes.. I have a strong feeling it has something to do with her unstable state.

"Kakashi Sensei. You can stop looking at me. I'm fine." She said calmly but I didn't believe it one bit.

"Sure..."

We continued to walk and I guess the conversation was more of informing them about the world outside the village.

The bridge builder was acting strange. I could see Sasuke sensed it. I looked at Mayumi as she slightly jumped. She must've sensed something else. I turned to my left and a puddle caught my eye...

It's a sunny day..no cloud in the sky...a puddle?

Mayumi

I feel that something isn't right at all...Probably I'm overreacting.. I need to calm down, and stop this.

"Everything is fine.   Calm down Mayumi.  You are acting dumb."  I told myself.

Everything won't be fine. Stop walking.. Turn around.

I stopped walking.. I was so hesitant in turning around. I slowly did as the hoarse voice demanded.

Good. Obey me and Ren will live.

"One down." The two Ninja said chains immediately wrapped around Kakashi and

"KAKASHI!" I screamed but it was too late. The enemy teared him into pieces. My vision was shaky. They just killed our Sensei...

"Two down." They appeared behind Naruto. Sasuke saved Naruto and he immediately took action. He was amazing. I ran to the bridge builder's side.

My eyes became its golden colour. I immediately dropped my headband to cover my eyes.

The enemy was coming towards the bridge builder. Sakura immediately took action in standing in front of him.

Stand in front of the girl.

I quickly stood in front of her doing hand signs.

Stop weaving signs. Don't do anything but stand there.

I stopped. My eyes widened behind my headband. I was gonna die.

Yes.. You finally understand...

Sasuke quickly stood in front of me.

All the commotion stopped when Kakashi appeared holding the two enemy by his arms. I dropped to my knees in relief.

What's this voice in my head? Why does he want me to die?

You'll soon know.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I screamed and everyone turned to me.

"This mission is an expensive B rank, Naruto is injured, and Mayumi is in an unstable state.." Kakashi stated.

"I'M FINE!" I yelled.

"Remove your headband from your eyes." Sasuke said. I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth.

"I'm fine like this."

"You can't see."

"I can see clearly."

"Mayumi, just remove the headband.." Kakashi said. I pulled it off revealing my cold blue eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows.

I'll bring out the monster in you, Mayumi.

"Just-- Just tie these idiots and tend to Naruto.." I turned away from the group.

Who ever's in my head, I'll..I'll...

Kill me? That totally is out of your character, Mayumi. Especially for someone like you. You've learned to adapt to bullshit that people gave you. When people saw you as a monster, you didn't prove them wrong. All you did was smile and nod. You aren't like that Uchiha boy who lost his whole family to his older brother. You aren't like that short dumb midget. He is determined and has a dark power scratching to get out. You aren't like that pink haired girl. She acts weak for that young Uchiha, but she would kick your ass if she wanted to. You? You are weak and pathetic. You deserve to die. You don't deserve those eyes.

I didn't ask for these eyes.  We can't do anything about it.

If you're dead, you won't have those eyes.

"Mayumi."  Sakura placed her hand on my shoulder.  I turned to her and gave her a frightened look.  "Calm down.  Everything will be alright."  I slapped her hand away.

Mayumi?  This is out of your character.  Are you trying to make Sakura hate you?

"I'm-I'm sorry.  I don't know what's wrong with me."  I said to Sakura and she laughed awkwardly.

"It's fine!"  Sakura laughed awkwardly and rubbed her hand.  "I'm scared too, but we shouldn't show the enemy we are weak."  Sakura gave me a reassuring smile.

"Right."  I agreed.

"Mayumi, I'm starting to miss your smile. It's making me worried." Sasuke whispered and Mayumi's eyes widened. "You just look winded now."

I awkwardly laughed, "Really now?"

I surprisingly wasn't scared about this mission.  The voice in my head made me feel like I was going crazy.

You feel crazy now?  Kukukukukuu...  I'm definitely gonna destroy you Mayumi.