-Chapter 61

-Chapter 61: Hearts Don't Change

I move forward, stepping towards Parad. Parad looks at me, his eyes narrowing a bit. He seems to be doubting my allegiance to Masamune. If he is doubting it, that can't be good. He'll come to the conclusion that I'm trying to protect someone or something.

Parad reaches into his pocket and pulls out his Gashat and his belt. His Dual Gear Gashat has nothing on my new Gashat that Masamune made for me. I have all of his combat data along with the others. There is no way they can beat me. I think the only one who stands a chance is Hiiro.

"Kara, why are you doing this?" Parad asks me, attaching the Gamer Driver to his waist with his free hand. "You would never team with someone like him. Why are you on his side?"

"How would you know what I truly want Parad? You never knew the real me," I answer, stopping. "I will eliminate you and ensure that the Intern can't mess around anymore. You will be terminated now, Parad." I'm not even going to bother eliminating him. I love him way too much to do that.

"I do know the real you because I have seen it. You are not the real Kara right now," he states, shoving the game into his Driver and pulling the lever, transforming.

I do the same and I transform, rushing towards him. He moves backwards, dodging my attack. He brings up his leg and kicks me in the side.

I stumble back and look at him as he holds up his weapon. Is he really going to use that against me right now? He wouldn't possibly do that.

"Stand down, Parad. This is my battle."

I look over as Miyuki approaches, Kuroto at her side. "You two...what are you doing here?" I ask, fixing my position.

"We're here to challenge you," Kuroto answers. "I want my wife back and I'm going to get her back. I have a way to fix our problems. Miyuki, I'm counting on you to use my genius to win your mother back."

Miyuki looks at him and nods her head. "Alright." She looks at me and she pulls out a Gashat. "We're heading to the top now! Arcana Arcade Level One Hundred!" Level one hundred? I don't have that high of a level! She pulls out her Driver and attaches it to her waist and shoves the game in, transforming.

She moves towards me and I move out of the way. This is going to be tough if I don't get away anytime soon. Where is Masamune when I need him?

(Pause)

(Restart)

I go flying backgrounds and onto the ground, rolling over a few times. Did Masamune just hit me? What in the world? My transformation has just ended.

I look up as Kuroto moves towards me. "I made Miyuki invincible to pause in order to prevent you from easily escaping, Kara. Father, you won't be keeping my wife any longer. I refuse to let you use her as your pawn to achieve what you want. If you want something, achieve it on your own with your own genius!"

"It is just like you to hurt your own wife," Masamune says. "I'm not surprised because you have killed so many. I'm different from you, Dangerous Zombie. I'm managing the lives of the people who play this game. It'll increase the amount of players this game has."

I push myself off the ground and I feel arms go around me. "You're injured." Parad is still here?

I turn my head a bit. "Parad..."

He leans in a bit and presses his lips against my cheek. "I can see that you're the same person still, Kara. I don't know why you're teaming with him but I will figure it out and save you. I'm done being upset with you over our differences. You were right to be upset with me and I'm tired of this fighting."