8- Stage two: Hiding these feelings

ابدأ من البداية

I don't get it last month I wouldn't even consider even possibly having any other feelings apart from hatred for him. But now, it almost feels natural. The thought of liking him doesn't feel abnormal. It almost feels right.

It's so wrong...But feels so right.

I'm scared....So.dam.scared....Help... I still don't like the fact that I like him so much....

I jolted up words from the sofa. "Like him so much?" I whispered to myself. "I do not like him so much." I said a little louder. I rubbed my eyes and stood up slowly, picking up my phone, I checked the time. "I can't like him that much can I?" I asked myself, stupidly.

"Like who?" I heard his voice say causing me to scream and jump into the air, falling onto the floor. I looked up to see Ryan smirking over me. My heart jolted, my belly felt like it was on a roller coaster. I couldn't speak; I stared up at him transfixed. He looked down at me smirking.

I tried to speak but nothing came out, I just opened and closed my mouth like a fish. Speak then, I thought. Speak.Speak.Speak-speak, speak SPEAK! I ordered myself. All I did was make a little croaking sound. I was so pathetic. There wasn't much to say, it wasn't like I was planning on flirting with him or anything.

Or should I?

No that’s stupid. I can't flirt I would end up saying that falling from heaven thing, an Anna would kill me...Fuck it. I sat up confidently and spoke. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven, because your face looks like you feel badly?"

I mentally beated myself up after that. "Da Fuck?" He laughed stepping back as I awkwardly stood up. "I-I-I" I couldn't explain my outburst and decided to look on the floor in shame. "Are you trying to flirt with me?" He suddenly asked in disgust. I managed to come up with a quick response, just at the wrong time.

"Ewww no I don't flirt, well not with guys like you. What I was doing was giving you a false start in order to offend you more." I said just as Chris walked into our living room.

"What?" Chris asked his voice going slightly higher. Ryan laughed and stepped back towards him. "You walked into the end of that man. Your creepy bug tired to flirt with me." He laughed. I opened my mouth and put my arms out to my sides. "Bug?" I asked offended. "Is that what you think of me, just a bug?" I asked clearly offended. I was offended, I fricken like him and he called me a bug.

"I said creepy bug Ashleigh." Ryan said narrowing his eyes. At me, I playfully narrowed them back. "Why are you even talking to her?" Chris asked. Ryan shrugged and pointed at me "She flirted with me." he said putting his arms up in defence. I opened my mouth in shock

"No I-" I started to say but Chris cut me off, pushing my onto the sofa he said. "No Ash! No boys, no dating. You know the rules." Chris ordered, as if he were my father.

"Oh come on Chris. Katie." I said trying to stand up. "That doesn't matter i'm older. You’re too young." He simply stated as if he were telling the time. "Yes it does!" I shouted then remembered that our parents were only in the kitchen. "Yes is does" I said quieter. "You’re on the year bellow me Chris!" I snapped at him.