Jason

Walking down the hall toward the nurse's station I feel my wolf stir uncontrollably. Something was wrong. I stop in the middle of the hallway as a piercing scream rings through the hospital wing. 

"Mate"

My wolf howels inside of me as I take off instantly to her hospital room. My heart beating frantically in my chest I pray that the scream was for nothing, but deep down I knew it was something bad. Reaching the door I burst through, looking around the empty room as my wolf howls in pure agony. 

I couldn't protect her. I have messed up since the beginning and it was like the moon goddess was punishing me for my stupidity. I sank to the floor next to the bed, looking at the empty spot as if it would make her appear before me. 

The stampede of feet behind me alerted me to a few of my pack members entering the room. I could feel the energy in the air. It was lethal and desperate in nature. Standing to my feet I make my way out the room with everyone on my heels.  

"Prepare the pack, were going to war"

I walk out of the hospital and head to my truck. I close my eyes and take in a shuddering breath. The only thing I wanted to do was to rip the persons head off who dared to take my mate. But I knew I had to play it smart. Only one person was dumb enough to pull this little stunt, and I was going to make sure that he paid for it with every breath he took. 

I knew the only way she was taken was from a traitor among us. Just the thought had my wolf wanting blood. Who hated me so much that they wanted to hurt my mate, it just didn't make sense. 

I speed out of the hospital parking lot and make my way towards my home. Pulling up I see the pack running in every direction. In the middle of it all, I see my beta and best friend shouting orders and getting things ready. 

I step out of the car and the noise around me gets instantly quiet. The pack could feel every emotion that was flowing through me. I knew that they felt my sorrow and regret and that they would help to fulfill the revenge that I was feeling.

I walk quickly into my house and make my way to my room to grab the things I needed. I was going to track and then kill everyone who was involved. Walking into my closet I pull out my duffel bag and throw in a few pairs of clothes for myself and mate, and a map of every territory in the United States. 

Stepping out of the closet I freeze as I see a figure lying in the bed. My heart rate picks up, Maybe nothing bad happened, maybe she just wanted out of the hospital and wanted to be home. I walk over to the bed, the closer I got the faster my heartbeat in my chest. Standing at the edge of the bed I take a deep breath and lean down toward the body covered in the black silk sheets. 

My wolf wines and I know then that it must be my mate. My wolf would recognize her anywhere. He normally would be clawing to get out and hold her, but maybe he was just as shocked as I was to have her back here with me. 

I lean my head down into my mate's neck and I sniff her sweet scent. It's there, though very light. Its also mixed with a different scent, something that seems so familiar to me but I couldn't place it at the moment. Deciding enough was enough and needing to feel her in my arms I reach down and scoop her into my arms. Instantly I knew something was off. 

Her body didn't feel like silk in my hands and our normal mate bond was not shooting electric shocks through my body. I shake my head maybe my mind was still distracted from what has happened today. Taking another deep breath I nuzzle her neck and rub my hand down her body until I rub her stomach. 

I freeze. My anger growing with the realization that this was not my mate. I threw the she-wolf away from, Just barely holding my wolf in. I growl a deep and shuddering growl as she tries to clumsily and quickly pick her self up off the floor. Once she is able to stand on her own she makes her way to me slowly. Her body naked from top to bottom. She walks forward, her hips swaying with each step she took. Any other time I would be more than ready to take what was being offered, especially after being weak and pitied for so long, But knowing that my mate not only topped her in looks but apparently class had my stomach-turning in dissatisfaction at her attempt at seduction.

"Don't take another step toward me"

She stops in her tracks head cocked to the side as she eyes me lustfully with her deep blue eyes. I could feel her look almost touch me to my soul. I quickly throw a blanket her way from the chair sitting next to me, laughing inwardly as the blanket covers her from head to toe. She snatches the blanket off anger now radiating from her features. I watch as she takes in a deep breath and her face turns back into a mirror of seduction.

"You know why I'm here Jason. Your mine." 

She says as she continues her walk toward me. I send a quick message through the link to my beta, letting him in on what was going on and for him to bring guards up to take this crazy chick off my hands. 

"Look I have a lot I need to be worried about and trust me you are not on it, Now if you will excuse me," I say just as my beta and a few of the guards walk into the room, I turn around and make my way to my duffel bag, picking up I walk toward the bedroom door.  "I need to find my mate not waste any more time with you"

A screeching sound pierces the room. I want to cover my ears from the irritating sound. Ignoring her theatrics I make my way out the room. 

"Don't you see Jason I am your mate. Or at least I will be once she is claimed by another." 

I stop at the top of the stairs the hairs rising on the back of my neck. I turn my head in her direction just as the light from the moon hits her face. The girl from the other night. The blond that was with the punk Alpha who wanted my mate. 

I knew he had something to do with it and this just confirmed it for me. I stop back into the room grabbing her by her neck and raising her high off the floor. The once seductive look now replaced with surprise and then horror. 

"Where is my mate!!!!!"

I ground out between gritted teeth. Her hands claw at my arms and hands, anything within her reach to try and get the air back into her lungs. 

The air in the room gets thick as I feel my wolf only seconds away from coming out. Just as I see the life about to leave her body I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around quickly and look into my father's eyes. 

"If you kill her now, you will have sealed your mate's fate."

Instantly my hands release her and I watch as she drops to the floor in from of me. The only sound that can be heard in the room is her coughing and the harsh breathing of me and my wolf. Getting down real close to her I laugh as she tries to scoot away from me, good she should be scared. 

"I'm only going to ask you once.........where is my mate?