Rain

Drip......Drip........Drip

The sound of the rain hitting the metal bucket that was made as a makeshift restroom makes my skin crawl. It tells me how long I've been laying here. The will to move is slowly dying away. He stopped coming eventually. The only sound I could hear are guards changing duties. I never want to open my eyes these days. When they are closed I can see better times, I can see my mate almost fill his lips on mine. 

Food get shoved under the gate, I eat it for my babies sake but can barely tell you what it taste like. The chill in the air causes me to shiver. He hopes to kill my body enough to kill the babies but keep me alive. He wants me weak so when the time comes for him to take me, all the fight would have left me. 

Silent tears drip down my face, I cant do that. No matter what I will fight to get us to safety. 

Just as the thought leaves my mind the sound of voices talking causes me to tense up. has he finally come. Will he just kill them inside me and find a way to heal me. All the worst case scenarios pop into my head at the moment. 

I can hear the key in the lock, See the light from outside light up the wall in front of me. I don't move or breathe, waiting on what he will do next. But then something strange happens. 

His scent hits me. It's slight at first then it get stronger. My wolf after so long stirs. That's not right. He's not my mate, why would she respond to him this way. 

Then I hear another set of foot steps and all I can hear is the ringing in my ears from the fear that has me in its grip. Has the Alpha finally come. Will then one I feel these things for be the one to hand me over.

His foot steps get closer and closer to me. I can feel my heart about to nearly burst from my chest. 

Then I feel it, his hand on my cheek. Little fireworks can be felt cascading along my body. ?It feels right yet so wrong at the same time. He snatches his hand away and I can hear his breath coming in hard pants. 

"What in the fuck!" 

I slowly turn toward him. The shadows of the cell blocking out a good portion of his features but my wolf coming to more and more and urging is to go to him. 

"Mate?"

The word slips out on a whisper, I know he hears it by the way he snaps his head in my direction. His eyes the only clear thing I can make out on his face. He pales in that moment and then recognition crosses his face. 

He takes careful steps toward me. Almost afraid he will scare me away. Lets be real where would I go. I'm chained to the wall and my body is in no shape to run or fight.

Just as he stops in front of me, his body tall and forbidding, he kneels down next to me. I can feel the breath being literally stolen from my lungs. He gorgeous. So different from my mate but addicting none the less. 

"I'm Leonardo but my friends call me Gray"

Even the sound of his voice affects me. What in the world is going on? This is not my mate yet I cant stop feeling like he is. Everything about him says mate, From his smell to his touch and lets not forget my wolf. 

She is literally purring to get closer to him, my mind and body both at war with each other.

"I don't understand"

 I say my voice not sounding like my own. Shaking my head to clear away the fog.

"I think I do but I need to get you somewhere safe"

He holds his hand out to me, pleading with his eyes for me to take it. How can I, I feel like all of this will be a big Fuck you to Jason but my body is pushing for me not to deny this. 

Then I feel it the minute he touch my hands. The flutter of my pups. They start off slight and then they get more persistent. The more I lean into him, the more they move and kick. I guess they feel this is a good idea too. 

I have nothing to lose in this moment, I can stay here and  goddess know what will happen if the Alpha comes back. Finally making up my mind I give a slight nod.

Before I can second guess my decision, he slides one hand under my legs and the other holding my head. Sparks of electricity deliciously sliding from every point of contact. 

I'm so going to hell for this I think to myself as I try not to get so comfortable in his arms. We quickly leave the rotted cell behind. My head resting securely in his embrace. Forgive me Jason, I have no clue why my body and wolf is betraying you but I need him. I don't know why nor do I care at the moment. 

Safety, that is the only thing that matters. Getting me and my pups to safety, the other stuff can be dealt with later. As we step out into the night I feel the rays of the moon gloss over my skin. The rustling of the wind touching every part that Leo is not touching. 

Leo.......just the thought of his name sends a shiver down my spine. I feel his arms pull me in tighter to his chest, causing the sparks to crawl all over. 

I can't believe the moon goddess would give me two mates. From what I can tell of him he is strong and determined. Let's hope that the feeling of us being mates is enough when it's time for me to go back with Jason. 

Just the thought of leaving Leo behind send a pain to my heart. How  can I feel this way. The thought run rampant through my mind. Until complete and utter exhaustion takes me under. The last thing I remember before the darkness over takes me is a small cabin in the distance and the steady beat of my new mates heart.