Jason

Waking up the next morning with a huge smile on my face,  I reach out to pull my mate closer to me only to feel cold sheets touch my hand. Opening my eyes, I look around the room in search of my mate only to come up with nothing but the silence of my room. Even using my advanced hearing I couldn't hear any movement in any other part of the house. Feeling a sense of panic grab me I  climb out the bed, and I make my way through the entire house just to be sure it was empty and I still come out with the same result, no mate. "Where in the hell could she be," I think to myself as I rush back up the stairs to throw on a change of clothes. Throwing on a black tee, some jeans and a pair of Jordan's I make my way back down the stairs and toward the front door when it suddenly burst open and my mate bumps right into me knocking us both down to the floor.

"Oh my god I'm sorry sweetie I didn't see you just now," she says looking me over from head to toe, "Are you ok....?"

Not able to speak from the wind being knocked out of me, I look her up from the top of her head that is thrown into a messy ponytail down to her short hot pink running shorts and an all too revealing tank top. "Where were you...I woke up and you were gone?" I say standing up with her still locked close to my body assuring my wolf that she was indeed home and safe with us.

"I went out for a run... it's part of my morning routines, wake up around six in the morning, go running for an hour, come back home and shower, fix a light breakfast then go to school unless its a weekend then I just do whatever...I didn't want to wake you up I thought I would be back before you woke up anyway. "

"Running......I wake up this morning after the most perfect night in bed with my mate...alone..... because you went running......god your lucky I love you"

"yea....that's pretty much it .....did you just say  you love me?"

The only thing I could do was shake my head "Yes I did and don't change the subject......next time leave a note or something love, just so I know your ok"

"Sure thing babe," she says smiling as she presses her lips to mine causing me to instantly harden. "I love you too she whispers breathlessly against my lips. "If you want to finish your morning routine love I suggest you hurry out of the room before I'm not responsible for my actions. smiling against my lips she slowly backs away and makes her way toward the stairs only to stop at the bottom of the staircase and turn to look at me.

"FYI Alpha .....last night was amazing," she says smiling seductively at me with a wink, as a low growl escapes my mouth and she dashes up the stairs giggling uncontrollably. After hearing the bedroom door close I close my eyes and take in several deep breaths to get my self back under control when I hear a laugh coming from the kitchen entrance. I dread opening my eyes knowing exactly who was laughing like someone said one of the funniest jokes in the world. Great just what I need right now my annoying best friend.

"What do you want Eric" I say through clenched teeth.

"oh, nothing.... just to have a little conversation with my only best friend only to find him standing alone in his foyer with a hard-on....kind of creepy hahaha," he says now bending over and laughing as he holds the side of his stomach. "really mature bro," I say pushing past him as I make my way into the kitchen. Going through the cabinets and fridge I pull out all the ingredients to make a simple fruit salad for my mate and an omelet for me.

"come on now man you know if you caught me in the same position you would be laughing your head off to."

Thinking about it for a second I shake my head in agreement as I start cooking. "So what did you want to talk to me about," I say getting back to the main reason he was here in the first place. Suddenly the goofy smile fell from his face and a look of nervousness appears. He looks around the room before leaning closer toward me by the stove before speaking lowly.

"I....I found my mate"

"That's really great man I'm happy for you," I say smiling genuinely happy that my best friend will get to experience the same type of feeling I get when with my mate.

"The problem is she is.....from the pack that wants Rain....she was in the car they drove in, when we walked up the path to come here I smelt her, then saw her and I knew she was it for me...and it scared the hell out of me" he whispers the last part so low I could barely hear him, even with my advanced hearing.

Finishing up the food I set plates down in three spots before I motion for him to follow and sit down next to me."I'm not sure if I'm ready for a mate man.....especially after everything you and Rain went through...I don't think I'm strong enough to go through any of that.....especially if she is part of the pack that wants to take our Luna."

"What  Rain and I went through was because of us and nothing else and .....losing our baby just happened and there is no reason for you to believe that it's going to happen to you...Don't deny your mate just because what we went through its only going to make it harder for the both of you.....trust me I'm speaking from experience....yes she is from that awful pack but that doesn't mean that she is"

"Don't let fear and doubt control your life with your mate the moon goddess put you two together for a reason .....she is the one person made for you and will be the only one to ever understand you inside and out.....the only one to be able to handle the good and the bad times with you...now I'm saying this because I know how it feels to not have my mate and it is something I wouldn't wish on anyone." My mate says standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

Nodding his head, he takes in a deep breath as if a huge weight has been lifted off of his shoulder. "When did you pop in," I say standing up and pulling a chair out for her to sit in. "A little bit after you guys were talking about his new mate." Kissing her temple I sit down next to her as all three of us dig into our food and the conversation long forgotten as we stuff our mouth with food.

"That was a pretty good meal man," Eric says scrapping his plate and tossing it into the sink. "I'm going to go have a chat with my mate so ill catch up with you guys a little later," he says as he makes his way out the kitchens side door. "I'm stuffed," she says patting her stomach with her eyes half-closed. "I bet you are, after eating your meal and half of mine, and half of Eric's. Laughing lightly she stands up as we make our way out the kitchen and up the stairs.

"I don't know why I was so hungry maybe I burned more calories then I thought when I went running," she says shrugging her shoulders as we walk up the stairs to our shared room. She pushes the bedroom door open strips down to her underwear and slides into the bed comfortably. She curls up onto her side and instantly falls asleep. "wow she must have pushed her self running hard today" I say to myself as I remove my clothes also and slide in bed next to my mate. Pulling her body close to mine I breathe in her heavenly scent and feel myself drifting off right along with her.