Leonardo AKA Gray

I slam my phone against the wall, leaning my head on the wall to try and stop the nausea from coming up. I knew my Alpha was a little of his rocker at times but stealing another persons mate. A pregnant one at that. After getting my stomach to finally calm down I decide to make my way further in to the cell to see why this particular she wolf. Walking back down the cold dark hallway I make my way back t our holding cells. 

"Sergio, Ill take over from here"

I say as I stand in front of the cell door. Sergio is our third in command one of the strongest and dependable people I know, It also helps that we have been best friends since the sandbox. 

"You sure Leo, I know he's been keeping you busy."

"Yea, You go ahead and get back to your mate."

A slick smile spreads across his face and I have to shake my head at the thoughts I can only assume are running through his mind with being newly mated. 

"You ain't got to tell me twice" 

He says rubbing his hands together. 

"Get out of here dude, enjoy."

"Bet, catch you latter"

He says clapping me on the back. 

Once the sound of the outer door can be heard bouncing of the stone walls, I make my way to the cell door. Pulling the key from my pocket I unlock the door. I creep the door open slowly and look through the small damp cell until I see her curled up in the corner. Long golden blond hair cascading in waves over her body. I inch closer into the cell holding my breath from the pungent smell of day old food and what looks to be a soiled bucket. 

I cant do this, I think to myself. If this was my mate In would be going out of my mind right now. I have to get her out of here, but how? Then a sweet smell hits my nose. Catching me so off guard that I don't hear the approaching foot steps.

"Hey Gray.....WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK!.....I was going to tell you food will be arriving soon ....What is going on here?"

I turn around quickly seeing the disgusted and horrified look in my friends face. 

"Alpha..."

Is the only thing I can say still watching the young lady sleeping peacefully in the corner. 

"I told you that man was bat shit crazy Gray"

I walk quietly around the room trying to not wake her as I think of a plan to free her. The sound of metal hitting together has my head snapping up to Sergio. He has a pair of keys in his hands and a determined look on his face.

" We always said we would leave one day, I say now is the best time and reason."

We have been with Alpha Rickey for a minute now. Going on six years now that I think about it. The first four years were the best. He had his mate Eva and all was right in our pack. We started small but as time went on we got stronger and larger. Every pack in our nation wanted a piece of us. Either by mating with one of our members or joining. But then her death happened. It came like a sickness in the night. One minute everyone was happy and enjoying themselves at a late night party, when a piercing scream could be heard through almost the entire town. 

Alpha Rickey was sitting around the campfire with all the guys in our pack as we messed around and joked while drinking. Letting all the women head inside hours earlier. Once the sound hit our area chaos erupted and everyone sprang into action. 

Screaming was now coming in all directions. Mates were running at top speeds to get to their mates. I followed my alpha with the rest of the unmated wolves. Breaking through the edge of the forest that leads to the main pack house 5 of us burst through the front door. 

The first thing that hits me is the smell. Blood, everywhere next is ripped pieces of clothing that leads from the living room up the stairs to the Alpha's bedroom. Even before the door was opened I knew what we would find. 

We had a silent attack on our pack that night. The only one to lose someone was Rickey. From that point on it was like he was more wolf than man. The light in his eyes faded and the only thing left was the inky black. For the next two years we fought battle after battle. Some were provoked by the Alpha others by other packs who wanted to see how weak we were with a unmated Alpha. 

Then it dawns on me when everything kind of changed. Some of the younger pack wolves came back from a party with another pack states over. They started talking about all the she wolves they met and some, even hopping to find their mates. One girl kept being mentioned to the Alpha and how strongly she resembled Eva. 

The once crushed and destroyed Alpha changed that day. A smile was back on his face after a few weeks and he then announced to the pack that he has found his second chance mate. Even though this happening was very rare. He stated that she was pregnant forcefully by another wolf and  it was up to us to save her and bring her home.

Even then we didn't ask questions, it was a while since anyone has seen our Alpha so happy. So we did a stealth rescue. Alpha Rickey played lead going into the hospital that was holding her hostage. We stayed on the outskirts looking for trouble that never came. 

He walked out with her wrapped possessively in his arms and we left, thinking a job well done. He disappeared for a few hours after we got back to our pack lands, popping up to let us know we have a new prisoner but no one but him was aloud to go inside. 

Now it all made sense. The pregnant mate, his happiness the past couple of weeks before going to get her. She looks just like Eva. the only difference being one was dead and this one was not. She was very much alive and very much taken by what I assume is going to be one pissed off Alpha.