Rain

A loud knock caused me to wake up from my sleep. Slightly confused on where I was at, I look around the large unfamiliar room when everything comes crashing back like a tidal wave. Losing my baby, trying to make Jason's life hell for making me move in with him. All the emotions that I have been trying to hide hit me with a vengeance and it took everything within me not to break down crying. Hearing voices rise from somewhere downstairs had me pushing my heartache away and tiptoeing out of the room and down the darkened hallway towards the staircase that leads to the main area of the house. Peeking over the stairs just enough where I could see, but couldn't be seen, I watch as a tall blond with way too much makeup on for my liking has her arms wrapped around my mate's neck nearly a kiss away from his lips.

Feeling my wolf rise ready to scratch at her eyes for even daring to touch my mate, taking several deep breaths I watch the scene unfold before me. An extremely scary-looking man with a long scar going across the left side of his face steps out from the shadows of the foyer causing fear to take me hostage at just the sight of him. I use my wolf hearing as the man begins to speak to Jason whose face looks like it's about to pop a blood vessel at the moment.

"I want her plain and simple.....now you, my boy are just that .....a boy.... so now you need to think about this long and hard, we can do this the easy way or the hard way your choice"

I look to Jason who has a look so deadly in his eyes it had goosebumps rising on my arms. Balling his fist up, I watch as he pushes the young woman finally away from him. Looking her up and down in disgust as she tries to pull down her way too short of a skirt. Looking back toward the man, I watch as the muscle ticks in his jaw as he fights back the anger that is steadily rising.

"As I told you over the phone before you made this unnecessary trip here...I have a mate and don't plan on giving her up to nobody, especially a scum bag like you..." Jason growls fiercely causing the man's eyes to widen with surprise, for a second before he masks his emotions once again.

I watch as The beta, third in command and a few fighters from our pack come forward surrounding the man. All with deadly looks on there faces ready to attack at there Alpha's command. "I have all the people you came with surrounded by my fighters, I give you guys an hour to get off my land or your pack will be burying their Alpha. Hearing the seriousness in his tone I watch as the man sneers at Jason before making his way out the front door with the woman stumping behind him in a childish manner talk about immature, I think to myself as the door slams shut behind them.

"Why does he want her so bad....?." The beta says sitting down in the living room and propping his legs on the coffee table in front of him making himself comfortable." I don't even know.....it doesn't even matter because I will be damned if her or any other wolf gets what is mine. I feel my wolf swell with pride at the possessiveness of our mate for us. Standing up I decide to make my self known when the following question stops me in my tracks. "Why do you care so much if anyone else wants her .....I mean with me and you being best friends since forever tell me what does she mean to you because since you met her I haven't heard anything about her from you besides her being your mate"

"At first I just thought it was the mate bond but after a few weeks, I realized it had to do with more than just that. I was falling for her hard the mate bond just made things a little more complicated ....you know the marking and the mating......but I love her from the first time I looked into her eyes I think I knew it ....I guess it just took my mind a little time to catch up now I have to prove to her that she is the only one for me."

"good because she's a good girl ....I see her being very good for you"

After hearing those words, I felt the same feelings I felt on the first day we realized we were mates to each other and I know we still had a lot to talk about, but I wanted more than anything to make this work out between us. I mean the moon goddess wouldn't make us mates for nothing if she didn't think we belonged with each other. Watching everyone leave but the beta I figured now would be a good time to head downstairs

Easing out of my hiding spot, I make my way down the stairs causing all eyes to turn towards me. Feeling a little overexposed I wrap my arms protectively around my middle. One pair of eyes, in particular, had my skin on fire and me taking each step closer and closer to him had my heart pounding a mile a minute. "Hey sleepyhead how long have you been awake," he says brushing a stray hair from in front of my face and rubbing a soft hand down my cheek. Leaving a path of tingles from the contact "just woke up .....hello beta I say bowing as a sign of respect.

He burst out laughing almost rolling on the floor, holding his stomach as tears pour from his eyes. Frowning at him for laughing at me I grab a pillow from the chair next to me and hit him upside his head one good time. "I....I'm sorry...." he says trying to catch his breath. "it's just that Luna you're a higher rank then me now that your mates with this here Alpha, also call me Eric, not beta Luna," he says standing up and bowing playfully. "well excuse me for not being able to stop and old habit," I say glaring at him as he hides his chuckles behind his hand.

"how about we get something in your stomach love I know you must be starving by now," Jason says changing the subject as he grabs a hold of my hand causing the sexual awareness between us to shoot to levels beyond measure. "I see where this is going ....and that is my cue to leave" Eric says as he makes his way to the front door leaving me and Jason alone starring into each other's eyes, as the sexual tension builds more and more causing my legs to get weak and butterflies to wreak havoc on my stomach at the thoughts flowing through my mind at the moment. Deciding that I denied myself, my mate, for too long and we definitely have some catching up to do in that department. I smile a sweet and sexy smile, leaning in to whisper in my mates ear.

"How about you feed something else first ....I'm pretty sure my stomach can wait."